cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selection IDs and Profiles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

1a. For testing in the Dev and Qa and finally moving to Production boxes, do we have to create all required selection IDs and forecast profiles in Dev and then transport then to QA and then to Production ?

or

1b. We can test with a handful of representative samples in dev and Qa and then create the rest in Production?

The reason I am asking is there are 10s of selection ID and forecast profiles.

2. If we don't create all in dev, qa and prod, then if they are used in DP b/g jobs and when the jobs are transported, would there be a problem?

Please advise best practice as soon as possible as this is urgent.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know about DP Forecast profiles but for SNP we created selection ID's directly in our production system.  The reason was that the data set (products and location) in our DEV client was nowhere near as complete as it was in production. I believe we could have created ID's in DEV and transported them but it didn't seem to make sense.

Best Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike,

Thanks for the helpful answer. Does it mean you could not create all of the background jobs that are needed in the production in the dev server since you could not create the required selection IDs.

In other words, you ended up creating batch jobs in production instead of transporting them?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We found out that we could transport jobs (and process chains) with a default variant(s) and change the variant in production. It sure saves time when the design needs to be tuned with a production load.

Whether or not you can create jobs with their variants directly in production depends upon how your security is set up.  The security people usually frown upon such activity.

Best Regards,

Mike

Answers (0)