Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling Resource

former_member182449
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

Handling Resource used for scheduling GR Processing time , and standard capacity should be maintained for handling resource 00:00:00 to 24:00:00

Actually I can't understand this concept , Normally available capacity reflect the working time in the location

During the APO scheduling this time can be fall anywhere within 24 hours , and this not my working time

As my knowledge this time required for example for inspection , how I will do this activity out of my location working time ??

and if you define capacity like 07:00:00 to 15:00:00 , and 1 day in GR in Product master , this means 3 working days will be taken during scheduling  .

Please can give me some clarification for my concern above .

And for some questions I have : -

1- can I do finite scheduling for handling resource

2- Can I define GR processing time based on receipt lot ( 1 day to inspect 100 pc and 2 days for 200 pc and so on... )

Appreciate your advise 

BR,

Rami

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

In order for the scheduling to be identical in the R/3 System and in APO, the following conditions must be fulfilled:

The standard capacity of the handling resource in APO must be 24 hours per day. If the standard capacity is less than that, the goods receipt processing time is proportionally extended.
Example: Standard capacity = 12 Hours/day => GR proc.tm is doubled

The handling resource must use the same calendar that is used as a factory calendar in the R/3 System.

What is the requirement to have finite scheduling for the handling resource?

Please refer OSS note 324483 for further details.

Create a handling resource. If you want to get a similar Goods receipt processing time in APO and in R/3, then you should use a resource with infinite capacity planning and 24 hours working time (standard capacity from 00:00:00 to 24:00:00). The goods receipt not only takes time but also requires labour or resources. Depending on what kind of resources are required, the resource type of the handling resource can be single or multi activity. Use a single activity resource, if you are only interested in the goods receipt processing time. If SNP is used also, then the handling resource should be a mixed resource.

Maintain the inbound handling resource in the location master.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

former_member182449
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I have working time from 07:00:00 to 15:00:00 only 

When I put 1 day as processing time in Product master it means  8 Hours

As system recommend to put it as 24 hours , system will schedule the time out of my working time and this not correct

Please Advise me

Regards

Rami

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

The standard capacity of the handling resource in APO must be 24 hours per day. If the standard capacity is less than that, the goods receipt processing time is proportionally extended.

Example: Standard capacity = 12 Hours/day => GR proc.tm is doubled

In your case it should be 3 days. Hope clear to you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

former_member182449
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear,

You insist to repeat the same word , as this so clear for me,  and I explain my issue to find suitable solution .

Any way thank you for your prompt response

Regards

Rami 

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Try to understand the things,

I have working time from 07:00:00 to 15:00:00 only

When I put 1 day as processing time in Product master it means  8 Hours

As system recommend to put it as 24 hours , system will schedule the time out of my working time and this not correct

If you put 3 days as GR processing time will be equal to 8 hrs for 3 days means one day.

There is no other way to plan it with handling resource.

Hope clear to you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

former_member182449
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear ,

SAP Certification Document say "

The goods receipt time is copied from the ECC material master to the SAP APO

product master. Note that the scheduling of goods issue and goods receipt times is

carried out using the handling resources stored in the location. Calendar resources

(infinite resources with 24-hour operating time) should be defined as handling

resources. If goods receipt processes are to be planned finitely, then it would be

most appropriate to model this using a suitable process in PPM/PDS (and not

using the goods issue time).

I Have Location as Production Plant 2011 and Location As DC 2012

The GR time maintained in DC for Product location P-100 , 2012

Please advise me how I can maintain PPM for product with Procurement type F to be planned finitely, and how system will Pick up PPM, or what's the scenario to work for?

Best Regards

Rami