cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get an SAP R/3 Web iView to display in a new window

former_member84834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

After a recent upgrade from Nw700 to NW702 I cannot get an SAP R/3 Web iView to display in a new window the second time it is opened.

I am running NW 7.02 SP 11 on both the portal and the ERP target system

Users selecting SAP R/3 Web from within the SAP portal were able to open multiple login windows prior to the Nov 2012 NW7.02 year-end upgrade. When the user logs into SAP R/3Web a new tab opens within Internet Explorer and the SAP application is launched in this new tab. This is the behavior remains the same in both versions of the application. The issue is with subsequent openings of SAP R/3 Web.

Prior to the NW702 upgrade, when the user had a SAP R/3 Web connection open they were able to select SAP R/3 Web from within the SAP Portal a second time a new tab opened in I/E and another SAP "Session" opened. This created another SAP R/3 connection. Both SAP R/3 connections are available to the user.

After the upgrade to NW702 this behavior is changed. When you attempt to open a second SAP R/3 Web connection the I/E tab containing the original SAP R/3 Web connection is overwritten - a new I/E tab is not opened as was the case previously.

I have tried the following in an attempt to resolve this issue: None have worked.

1. I examined the iView containing the SAP R/3 Web command in both versions of NetWeaver. I noticed that the value for "Launch in New Window" is set to "Display in Separate Window" in both systems. I also compared all the remaining values in the SAR R/3 Web object and they are identical.

2.       I changed the description of the object in the NW702 system and saved the object. No difference. I was hoping a "Save" might activate something. It did not.

3.       I read SAP Note 1258154 = Differences in the behavior of WinGUI within the portal sometimes differs from its behavior outside the portal. This notes provides instructions for enabling multiple Sessions for the SAP GUI. The changes described in the note had already been applied.

4.       I read SAP note 314568 - This note describes the differences in SAP GUI for HTML, but basically it contains no information related to this issue.

5.       I read SAP Note 734861 - This note describes configuring default settings for WorkProtect feature for all portal users. I set the workprotect.mode.default to 1.

6.          I restarted the Portal server

Has anyone else confronted and resolved this issue?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member84834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I was able to resolve this issue by changing a parameter in the iView. The parameter was "Name of External Window" I had to remove the entry "SAP R3" from this paraMETER AND NOW THE ISSUE IS RESOLVED. tHANKS EVERYONE FOR THE INPUT.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Timothy,

The Portal has not changed at all? Only the Netweaver right?

What Kernel version is the  Web AS 7.02 Support Package 11 on?

Might be useful to trace using a HTTP sniffer - like  HTTPWatch to review paramters being passed from Client to Portal/WebAS.

Regards,

Oisin