cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Migration key for heterogeneous System copy is wrong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert !

One of Client has started implementation on SAP ERP ECC 6 with EHP6. They were using Windows 2008 x64 bit and SQL 2008 database.
Later on, they changed their mind and make agreement with SAP for the ERP with Oracle instead of SQL 2008. no change in operating system.

I have prepared the export database on source system for the oracle to be used on target system. On Target system, the Process is ending not to accept the migration key which i downloaded from the following notes.

The Source and Target system has same release like SAP_BASIS_730_level_0 and R3trans has 7200_release. the below mentioned migration key might be valid for 700 release.

Note 1317500 - Hom./Het.System Copy SAP NW 7.0 incl. EHP 1 SR1
1G5fdEM50DeIrBzjt6TE5Pae

Note 1120872 - Hom./Het.System Copy SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SR3
1G5fdEM50DeIrBzjt6TE5Pae

Please advise and share your expertise to come out from the situation.

Regards

Anwer Waseem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

volker_borowski2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the keys in that notes are for special purposes.

Regulary, you generate a mig-key in SAPNET, which needs to fit the correct installation numbers of the system(s) involved and the correct target platforms.

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Volker

You are right, the old source system was without digital signed licence, it was with TEMP licences. it work 3 month by default. but now, they purchased orginal SAP-Oracle licences, therefore. i required the migration key to accept and continue the process.

Regards

Anwer

volker_borowski2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anwer,

I never tried to unload a system with a TEMP license.

Not even sure if this will ever work, because a system with a TEMP license has NO Installation number at all, and that one is part of the key generation.

If the installation of your customer is already switched to Oracle in ServiceMarketPlace, you might need to open a ticket to get a valid SQL-Server license for your system to do the export.

SAP will probaly generate a limited license for 3 weeks or so which will be very much the same as a temporary license, but you will have a real installation number in the system then, and with this

data it should be possible to let SAP generate the MIGKEY.

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Volker!

I agreed and thanks to your valued advise! I want to accomplish the migration with the generic key or any expert tip.

The provided solution will be landmark for others who looking the solution of error occured on same phase.

Regards

Anwer

premsukh_bishnoi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your system is having special installation number then please use below migration key:SAP Note No. 1134948

o  Installation number: INITIAL
   Migration key: 1G5fdEM50DqIrBzjt6TE5Pae

o  Installation number: FINALASSEM
   Migration key: 1G5fdEM50DqFs2iKufTZmf4H

o  Installation number: SAP-INTERN
   Migration key: 1G5fdEM50DqSq3egt6h]pGhK

Regards, Premsukh

Answers (0)