cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman 7.1 SP7 issues with SAPLSCSM_BI_DATALOAD and short dumps

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed a new solution manager 7.1 system on a server and stared with SP5. I had issues with the Diagnostics agents and it was suggested I advance to SP7. I have ran this update and had some odd things happen that I think I worked through such as inactive objects etc but now I am getting excessive short dumps around the BI Data load and I dont have a BI system hooked into this sandbox yet. I have everything applied that should be and tried fixing the syntax of the program as notes suggested with no luck. Any thoughts on this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Justin,

I assumed you carried out the initial/basic configuration when on SPS5 and therefore would have implemented the central note. As such you would have had a number of SPAU entries when applying SPS7 for obsolete notes etc. I came accross note 1720495 several weeks ago and this details an issue with SPAU that can create syntax errors/incosistent system.

Could you see if any notes have been implemented prior to implementing the SPS in your system that have changed the programs mentioned in the short dump? Or review the SPAU transport created to see if the objects are included within that and therefore see if you have possible been affected by the issue described in note 1720495?

If you do find that there are programs mentioned in the short dump within the SPAU transport created it may be worth doing a version comparison between the version in the SPAU transport and that delivered by the SPS to identify the code changes.

You mention that you had to activate some objects are any of these mentioned in the short dump or do any contain syntax errors?

Regards

Ryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Justin,

I have just done a note search on service marketplace for the missing type mentioned in the short dump (TY_WHERE_CONDITION) and note 1730846 was one of the results. Could you see if this was implemented in your system prior to applying the latest SPS.

Regards

Ryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I am getting syntax errors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where the difference is here is that I dont have a BW system connected to Solution Manager. I wonder if I can cancel this processing somehow since it appears to be BI/BW related?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Justin,

Based on your orginal message I assume you have gone through the guide setup using SOLMAN_SETUP and have been configuring your system so you can use the root cause analysis tools (diagnostics). As part of the SOLMAN_SETUP procedure you would have either connected an external BW system or configured your Solution Manager system as your BW System. This is required for storing the data collecting through monitoring.

If you are getting syntax errors on the object you had to manually activate after implementing your SPS can you look at the versions and see if they were modified by your transport for your SPAU amendments? If they have been do a version comparison between the SPAU transport version (I suspect this will be the current version) and the version delivered by the SPS. If you find code is missing in the new version this may be the root cause of your problem.

Regards

Ryan

Answers (0)