Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XSteps: PDF display in EWI; confirmation execution

former_member600940
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

working in a ECC6 (EHP4, so no archiving for XSteps yet) surrounding, discrete manufacturing.

I actually have two topics I´m struggling with at the moment.

I see from SXS library Basic Data_Input_Output the nice possibility to display pictures (JPG, GIF) as well as videos. However I´m wondering if PDF documents can be embedded as well or if this is only possible via calling Acrobat reader as external program.

2. I´ve finally reached the state where I was able to generate all routing/production order related control instructions and could open this via CO60XT/CO53XT. Now I´m a little blocked on the next step, which would be the browser based display, specifically -> how do I get my control instructions transferred to a station on shop floor; is this done via SERVICEs (sicf) or is there an XStep specific procedure. Appologies for rather general question, but the part after the instructions have been created is still a bit of a mystery to me. I would like to give a customer presentation on how a time registration as well as material consumption would look like practically.

Thanks in advance for your help,

cheers,

Sebastian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

uwe_dittes
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

ad 1:

You can also display PDF files. If you store your PDF files usine SAP Document Management System (DMS), you are able to display the PDF from PI Sheets and EWIs also. In this case system uses the PDF viewer that is configured in DMS. PDF then is displayed in a separate window. This procedure is often used by customers who want to provide EWI/PI Sheet users access to the standard operation procedures (SOP) of the appropriate working step.

Embedding content in EWIs or browser-based PI Sheets is possible with the help of additional frames that have to be defined in (XSL) stytesheet of the EWI/PI Sheet. How to create such frames is described in SAP Library part for PI Sheets. In the past we used such frames to embedd SAP MII applets.

ad 2:

Depending on the destination of a control instruction/control recipe either browser-based PI Sheets/EWIs are created sending. Or the data of the control instructions/recipes is "downloaded" to external systems (for details see corresponding SAP Library section). If shopfloor users shall work with PI Sheets/EWIs they need to have access to the SAP system (workstation with installed SAPWinGUI). The users will start TA CO60XT and choose the EWI/PI Sheet they want to edit. They mark the appropriate entry in the worklist and press the edit button. System then will load the content in an ABAP HTML control. It is not foreseen to open EWIs or PI Sheets in web browsers like MS IE, Firefox or Safari.

Greetings

Uwe