cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM syndication through external scheduler?

Former Member
0 Kudos

requirement is to trigger MDM syndication through external scheduler (i.e not to use automatic option in MDM syndicator). one way is to create mdm java program which triggers the syndication port and have a unix script to call this program.

is there any other option?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198313
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subin,

you can use the MDM Java API commands

SyndicatePortCommand or AddSyndicationRecordIdsCommand in a

custom java application to trigger the syndication whenever it is required.

Hope this helps,

+ AG

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subin,

You can configure a File adapter to poll at at a scheduled time.Polling can be configured for the communication channel.However this would pick all the files in the ready at scheduled time.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subin,

I would request you to kindly let us know your requirement as well.

There is one External Scheduler called Autosys. This can also be used to schedule automatic jobs for various systems. But i am not sure how it can be interfaced with MDM system. May be it takes CLIX commands into consideration for performing automated jobs. You can go through below links to understand the functionality about Autosys:

http://viralpatel.net/blogs/autosys-create-manage-jobs-autosys-scheduler-job-monitoring-autosys/

And

http://www.directutor.com/content/autosys-job-handling

Kindly let me know if you are able to use autosys and explain it to us as well..

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush Bhardwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

The other way is to create a MDM Web Service for syndication operations, build a web service consumer and call the consumer via the cron scheduler or Windows Scheduler.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you mean to say that you do not want to use the Automatic option in outbound port?

why do you want to trigger the syndication through external scheduler? is their any specific reason for that?

best pracitce would be to use the standard functionalities provided by SAP if the requirement can be met through the standard functionalities. If the requirement is somthing complex, then you will need to go for customization.

another way to auto syndicate is to have a workflow.

Regards,

Prasad.