SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration of FM & GM-GTE

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

I have question regarding FM & GM integration, we are using both modules in a full fledged way. Until now i was of the view that if FM is active and you are implementing GM-GTE then its mandatory to check FM Integration for every Grant Type because Fund center & CI becomes mandatory in every FI posting and i even tested it. I created a Grant under Grant type for which FM integration was not ON and defined derivation rule in GMDERIVE to derive Sponsored class, Program, fund and Grant from Cost element and Internal order, system is giving error in FI postings that no fund center is derived. I want to know in which instance FM-GM integration is required and if we do not set FM-GM integration indicator in Grant type then how to avoid FC/CI error in FI ,MM and HCM posting while deriving grant.

Regards

6 REPLIES 6

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Atif,

FM-GM integration is completely optional. You can switch it off at the Company Code level in GM Global Settings.

Please note that FC/CI is required by FM on all FI postings independent of GM. In general the way we set up derivations:

FMDERIVE - Fund, FC, FA, CI, FP

GMDERIVE - Grant (can also be derived in FMDERIVE) Sp Program, Sp Class

You will need to derive a FC for the grant internal order. You will also need to enter the FC in the Dimensions tab to allow it to be used with the grant.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal:

I am still not clear about it,see FM is also in use, GM is there to. I deactivate FM-GM Integration at global level, now what i perceive that fund center and commitment items do not need to be entered in GMPROGRAM and GMCLASS respectively and similarly fund center and commitment items derivation is not required in GMDERIVE  ? Please guide.

Following http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ls200/helpdata/de/82/488e3bae1d9e7ae10000000a114084/content.htm which says in FM-GM integration is on then i need to enter derivation rules in FMDERIVE tool only to derive grants, sponsored class and programs but sponsored progra and class fields are not there FMDERIVE. So right now i am having FM-GM integration on but sponsored program and sponsored class are not being derived. I have set the following derivations in rule in FMDERIVE and GMDERIVE

FMDERIVE

CE+IO=CI+FC+FUND+GRANT

GMDERIVE

GRANT=SP+SC+GRANT SPONSOR

i put a trace in both but still when i post an expense entry to consume grant in FB50 for above combination , FMDERIVE correctly derives CI,FC,FUND& Grant but i get an error that sponsored program and class were not derived. Please guide me where i am wrong.

Regards

0 Kudos

Atif,

I am not sure the following is accurate:

"If FM integration with GM is not active, the FM derivation tool is not used for this purpose."

Even if the FM-GM integration is not active FMDERIVE will be called in all postings that go to FM (i.e. CI-FT = 30).

The purpose of GM-FM integration is to make GM budget flow into FM. I think you can test this by deactivating integration at the Grant Type level. I think when this is deactivated you will not need the default budget objects in the Sp Program and Sp. Class master data.

Please note that with GM FM integration you can have an integrated view of budgets for both grants and university funds in FM. If you do not need this you can deactivate the integration at the Company Code level.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal:

Its written in SAP help library link that is FM-GM integration is active them FM derivation rule will be called first and vice versa, lets assume FM-GM integration is active then how will derivations rules will be set up in FMDERIVE or GMDERIVE for

Sponsored Class= TRAVEL

Sponsored Prog= HITECH

Fund=External

Grant=10040

Fund center=1001

Commitment  Item=TRAVEL

Cost Element= 841001

Internal Order= 1001

Purpose here is to derive Grant 10040 budget will all other FM and GM account assignments stated above as soon as user enter Cost element and IO in FB50 ?

Until i have done settings in GMDERIVE with CE and IO as source field and all other fields mentioned above as target but no success , system throws error for FM account assignment not derived .

Regards

0 Kudos

Atif

Except for Grant, Sp Program and Sp. Class all account assignments should be derived using FMDERIVE. FM-GM integration has no effect on this. You can also derive Grant in FM as an option if the Grant account assignment has been activated in FM. So in FMDERIVE you need a rule to derive Fund and Fund Center plus Funded Program (if needed) based on the IO.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Hi :

I have a doubt here.I have turned FM-GM integration off at companyc code level and grant type level.

FM-BCS and GM-GTE as fully active . Now i just tested.

1..Created a Sponsored class and program without FM account assignment in them

2..Created a Grant with reference to SC,SP and sponsor

3..Posted a budget against award

4.In GMDERIVE i set rule as

IO+Cost element= Grant+SP+SC+Fund

5.I have not specified anything in FMDERIVE because now i think when FM-GM integration is not there then we do not need to derive CI & FC.

6.When i make a posting against above CE & IO in FB50 system is giving error about FM account assignment not being derived. Now why is that so. If FM-GM integration is off then why is system requiring FM account assignment to be derived in FI ,MM & HCM postings.

Please guide me.

Regards