cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Receiver communication channel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We had one strange problem for the File Receiver communication channels in the Intergration directory

When we try  the change the File Recevier communication channel in the Integration Directory we are n't able change and we got the error like RUNTIME EXCEPTION like " Java.lang.NullPointerException"

This error only for all File Receiver communication channels.

Please help me on this.

Thank you very much,.

Best Regards,
Sateesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sateesh,

Which version of PI are you using ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

We are using XI 3.0 SP30

Regards,
Sateesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sateesh,

Have you tried restarting the java stack ? sometimes with old versions such as XI 3.0 it is the best solution...

Cheers,

Guislain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I did the Restart the JAVA stack. and also CPA complete cache refresh.

And I want  to let you know, my administator informed that our XI file system

- /usr/sap/SecondaryArchive is 100% full,
After we cleaned nearly 70% files. may be I was though the problem was related to this file system ,after we cleaned the files still my problem exist.
Kindly give some more suggestions.
Thank you.
Sateesh
Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you able to create a file receiver CC or not ? (is the error only on existing objects ?)

Have the adapter metadata in ESR been changed by any chance ?

Best regards,

Guislain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guislain,

Not only for existing objects ,even for new File Receiver CC also getting same error.

I am n't sure about the adapter metadata, How can I check?

Thanks & Regards,
Sateesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check in ESR -> SAP BASIS SWC -> http://sap.com/xi/XI/System -> Adapter Metadata if the File one has not been changed (normaly it should not except for good reasons)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Guislain for your keep on response.

Yes , I checked the File adapter meta data, I didn't see any inconsistency.

Month ago we did the upgraded from XI 3.0 SP20 to XI SP30.

after that we didn't see any wrong on XI systems, but this is the first time to change/create the File receiver communication channel after the upgrade.

Is their any excepted problem after upgraded?

Regards,
Sateesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guislain,

I found the error situation on the File Receiver communication channel but i didn't find the solution.

If we maintain the COMMAND LINE Argument  in the parameter "Run Operating System Command after message processing"  we are n't able to save the File Receiver communication channel. If we are maintain the COMMAND LINE Argument in the same parameter, we are n't getting  the error.

And for your reference I attached the  Error description of File Receiver communication channel.

Kindly please help me on this situation.

Best Regards,

Sateesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sateesh,

Is it working if you put the same external command line in the "run before" field ? same error or is it working ? have you tried executing the command to make sure it works properly ?

I have found this thread with similar error, maybe you can contact Paul to ask him if he found the solution :

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3253801

Hope this help,

Guislain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guislain,

If we put the external command line the 'run before' field we can have able to save the file receiver communincation channel, but if we put the command line 'run after' field we cann't able to save the File receiver communincation channel.

This behaviour not only for specific scenario , it related to all File receiver communication channels.

By the way month ago we upgraded the XI 3.0 Service Pack 20 to 30 , may be I thought because of this.

Kindly suggest us about this.

Thanks & Regards,
Sateesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Still my problem not resolved.

I raised the SAP ticket with high priority.

If I can create new File receiver communincation channel with with COMMAND Line Argument for the paramerter "After message processing" the error prompt shows "You are not authorized to edit the operating system commands".

Kindly give  provide some suggestions for work around.

thank you.

Sateesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My problem was resolved after adding the roles to my user according to SAP notes

#1645844 PI SEC: Missing authorization check in Integration. Check if the user has the required authorizations.

See also note #1717530 PI File Adapter OS Command error -

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
Sateesh

Answers (0)