cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 10: How many Process Initiators can be active at one time???

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

May I know how many process initiators can be active at one time?

Because, what is happening is, if I use default GRAC_AR_INITIATOR for creating new accounts, then the same cant be used for deleting the accounts since it is looking for "ROLE_OWNER"!

Therefore, I have created my own new initiator for deleting user accounts. But when I activated this new initiator, the default GRAC_AR_INITIATOR is not working!

I cant use both of them at the same time.

Either I can use GRAC_AR_INITIATOR or Z_DELETE_ACCOUNT process initiator.

Please suggest.

Regards.

faisal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sharad_parasher
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You cant have two initiators. For redirecting a request to different path , you need to have a different result value for each condition( under maintain rules tab ) and the result value is then mapped to the corresponding path in route mapping .

Below is the mapping under Maint Route Mapping.

Condition A ---- >Rule Result A ---> Path A

Condition B ---- > Rule Result B ---> Path B

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sharad,

Thanks for your reply.

Lets say I am using GRAC_AR_INITIATOR process initiator and I maintained "GRAC_DEFAULT_RESULT" as the rule set. Then I maintained a path "GRAC_DEFAULT_PATH" containing Manager, Role Owner and Security as the stages.

I used this and my request for new user account is successfully created.

Now next requirement is, I need to delete the user from the back end system. So as per your reply,

I did following:

1. Added another rule set called "Z_DELETE_ACCNT" for the initiator "GRAC_AR_INITIATOR"

2. Step 5 (Maintain Path), I created new path called "Z_USER_DELETION" and added Manager and

Security as the  stages

3. Step 6 (Maintain Route Mapping), I added another path and the rule id is "GRAC_AR_INITIATOR"

and the rule set is "Z_DELETE_ACCNT"

Then I tried to delete the  user. But it got failed because, it is looking for the "Role Owner". It is again followng the default path Manager->Role Owner->Security.

can you please help me?

Regards,

Faisal

sharad_parasher
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Rule Result is the output of the inititator rule. You have two options.

1. Copy the default initiator rule and adjust it to provide two different result values based on your requirement. ( One value for new account and Z_DELETE_ACCNT for delete account ) . This would require coding.

2. Second and the easier option will be to create a new BRF based initiator rule and define 2 rule result values based on your requirements .Each oh these values will be mapped to a different path.

Answers (0)