cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS budget exceed but no error message and available negative now

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have check report S_ALR_87013558 and found available negative. Please kindly help to suggest how this happen?

I distributed buget in CJ30 from IVM> WBS Level 1> WBS Level 3 and total up.

I using buget profile with object currency and buget control overall.

WBS Status are REL  BUDG ISBD AVAC NTUP SETC Now and we have daily job run for CJEN and CJBN.

But now view report 13558 and found assigned value more than budget!!! how this happen and how to check it.

Please kindly suggest

Regards,

Ommy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ommy,

In S_ALR_87013558, as you must be knowing, is the summation of all the cost incurred. These cost are incurred on cost element and consequently is displayed in the report. But some cost element have negative values, such as Revenue cost elements. If these values exceeds much higher than the positive values, the assigned value will be shown negative in the report. Please check in CJI3, whether the summation is negative or not.

Regards,

Manan

former_member412338
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check in Budget profile may  be AVAC is just activated for few perticular things.

I have seen same issue once, so thought of sharing it with you.

Hope it will work..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Scenario:Budget Exceed But No Error Message And Availability Negative Now:

Reasons For Error.

1. AVAC functionality Might not be Activated for Inetial postings.

2. Improper Tolerance Limits config.

3.UN even distribution of Budget from Top WBS level to Child Level WBS.

Eg: 3 Scenario: Un Even DISTRIBUTION of Budget :

A:  Top WBS: 1000,

A.1, A.2, A.3 are child WBS.

Inetially we didnt distribute the budget amount to child WBS, But try to post some actual postings to Child WBS: A.3, EG:( RS: 200) Then system will allow u to post the transaction, Even though budget is not there in Child WBS, Since it will consume budget from top WBS.( 1000-200 ) =800 Top WBS.

But afterwards distribute the budget to child WBS, 200,

In this system will show available 200 Rs in Child WBS, but actually consumed 200 fom top WBS.

Try to post 150 Rs, in child WBS, since it is showing 200, but system will give Budget Error Message of 200+ 150= 350 ).

Regards,

Kumar.

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suggest you to run CJI3 and do the detailed analysis of all the costs that are accumulating on your project.

Regards,

Amaresh Makal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked  tolerance limit, OPSV and exempted cost element. All setting work fine.

tolerance limit,> 80 warning, 100 error

OPSV > checked box for network

and Exempt CE > not use in this WBS.

Please kindly suggest

Regards,

Ommy

Former Member
0 Kudos

As suggested earlier,did you check if for the inventory cost elements used in project procurement have the category 90?

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi B P singh

We use PO/PR account assignment N for expenses to Network and no project stock.

For material comsumption, we use mvt type 281 to reserved and  issue plant stock  materials.

Thanks and Regards

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ommy,

check whether you are using PM order or any other orders where WBS is account assignment. this cost will add to planned cost of WBS. this will hit budget.

thanks

Sunil

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Ommy,

ASsigned value can be greater than budget for different reasons. The most frequent is for the PR/PO flow.

Example : budget = 10000 $.

Material PR commit the cost( 2 UN -- 10.000$) when you create the PO for this PR and the price of the material is greater than the PR ( example 2 UN - 11.000$) the system doesn't check the budget here because it was checked during the PR. Then your assigned value will be 11.000

THe same happens when the price difference is in the GR or in the invoice.

I hope this can be useful,

REgatds

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ommy,

maintain correct tolerance limit and maintain OPSV for appending and assign fund in planning.

thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ommy,

There could be situations that without using exempted cost elements some cost elements may skip the budget check and yet contribute towards the assigned values. One example could be that while creating PRs/POs for project stock(Account Assignment Category Q) the inventory G/L may not be having a corresponding cost element with category 90.Please check on these lines too.

Thanks and Regards

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope you have configured tolerance limit with correct budget profile.

Regards,

Amaresh Makal

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ISBD is represent insufficient budget so you need to increase budget for concern wbs.

for negative in Available column due to sap standard feature this is equal to (Assigned value = Actual+Commitment+RemOrdPln)

Regards,

Sanjeev