cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AC10 - Rule Set not generated completely

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys!

I'm facing some problems when generating SOD rules for a specific logical system.

The files were uploaded correctly (al least, the system message tells that )and I've used the same text templates for others systems and they've worked fine.

I've checked the table GRACACTRULE for the corresponding connector in accordance with note 1655862 and found that it has only 420 entries while it should have about 327.000 entries like others logical systems.

I tried running GRAC_DELETE_ACCESS_RULES as per note 1580877 to empty the tables and try again but no luck.

Have you faced similar problems? Do you think that Note 1752956 - GRC RULE SET GENERATION IS NOT WORKING applies? The note is not clear when does it happen, it just states: "When generating rules for logical systems it may not generate the rule properly."

Thanks!

Diego.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

neerajmanocha
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

Yes, this is the correct note which needs to be applied.

Note 1752956 - GRC RULE SET GENERATION IS NOT WORKING

We seen customers facing same issue when they have logical system in place and this note resolved their issue.
This was a break in code & known issue and was the last fix for rules generation area. So having this note will resolve your issue.

Thanks & Regards

Neeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj,

I'll implement the note and I'll let you now.

I am a little bit disappointed with this issue, since rule generation is a core functionality of GRC and it must work properly since SP1 .

Anyway, I'll apply the note and let you now.

Cheers!

Diego.

neerajmanocha
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

yeah..I can understand.

Nevertheless, issue is quickly identified and fixed under this note, which is good.

Let me know how this goes.

Thanks & Regards

Neeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj,

Since we're working on a new project we've decided to clean all rule set information and start all over again.

After implementing the note I've checked the tables:

GRACBPROC

GRACBPROCT

GRACFUNC

GRACFUNCACT

GRACFUNCPRM

GRACFUNCT

GRACRULESET

GRACRULESETT

GRACSODRISK

GRACSODRISKFUNC

GRACSODRISKRS

GRACSODRISKT

When uploading the rule set and later the tables:

GRACACTRULE

GRACSYSRULE

after the generation was performed.

All seems to be fine and now the number of entries for each physical/ logical system do mach for systems with same rule sets.

Thanks!

Diego.

neerajmanocha
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

Glad to hear that your data is matching and correct now.

You can mark this thread as "ANSWERED".

Thanks & Regards

Neeraj

Answers (0)