cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Stuck in Quality Inspection on Manual Inspection Lot

0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have been researching an odd problem where an Inspection Lot was created and processed according to our normal procedures, but no quantity posting was allowed because there was no Insp Stock Quantity tab in the Usage Decision. After reviewing the Inspection Lot Status (attached) and researching on this site, I have found out that this is caused by creating a Manual Inspection Lot. This is fine under normal circumstances because the material is supposed to stay in unrestricted stock.

However, the problem that I have come here for help is that the material actually was moved into quality inspection (meaning Q Stock Category) with a 322 Movement Type but it did not create an automatic Inspection Lot as it should have. I have attached the Material Document from that transfer and the only difference I see between this and a normal transfer to quality is that the Stock Type is not filled out as "2 Quality Inspection".

Currently, the material is designated with Q Stock Category and cannot be reversed or moved because this has to be done through QM (Message no. QA495). However, I also cannot move it from the inspection lot side because it doesn't consider the parts in Quality Inspection. I have confirmed this independently using the QALS table. I could use some help fixing both the process and this particular problem so Helpful Answer Points for anyone can explain why our normal process didn't create an automatic inspection lot and Correct Answer Points for anyone who can explain how I can force the material out of quality inspection.

Thanks,

Adam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A manually created inspection lot cannot, does not, never has, and probably never will ever control quality inspection stock.  So the manually created inspection lot has nothing to do with your stuck quantity of stock.

Try running QA33 with wide open parameters, i.e. a date range for basically infinity.  Enter in the material number as the only parameter and ask for all inspection lots.  Than sort the list by system status.  Look for either a lot with CRTD status or a lot with a UD status combined with either SPST (stock posting started) or SPRQ (stock posting required).  If you find a lot like that, is probably your issue.

If you don't find a lot, you can try to deactivate all the inspection types for the material using QA08.  If it allows you to do that you can than use standard material movements to get the material out of QI.

The last thing to try is running program ZQEVAC20 in test mode for the plant and see if any lots are identified.  If so investigate them and than run the report to correct them.

FF

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Thank you FF and Shyamal, I have gone through a check of the timeline for some of the changes in Material Master and found out that the manual Inspection Lot and Transfer Posting were done the day before the 08 Inspection Type was activated. This isolated the material in inspection stock but that case is well documented on these forums.

It would not let me deactivate all the inspection types even in QA08. I am now attempting to follow the instructions on this thread (http://scn.sap.com/thread/1907469) to force the 0800 Insp Type to create an inspection lot to move this material. If this doesn't work, I am going to implement ZQEVAC20. Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Adam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

I am totally agree with our friend FF, manual inspection lot can't have stock posting function. The same thing is reflected in the image "InspLotStatus.PNG" that you have attached, where there is no status called SPRQ (stock posting required) or (SPCO) stock posting completed is seen. So it is confirmed that manual inspection lot is not cause for the stock posting.

Now pls check,,

Some other inspection lot is responsible for this quality stock.

Pls go to QA33 and search for the inspection lot that have status SPRQ, that inspection lot is reason for the stock in Quality.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

Its all confusing..

Please elaborate your problem  clearly..

Regards,

Aditya