Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mix storage section search check and not

franois_becker
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to mix storage section search check and not in the same storage type.

If a material have storage section indicator set, I want to use standard bin search strategy (No problem) but if a material don’t have storage section indicator set I want to bypass storage section strategy search and search directly the bin in the storage type.

Have you any idea how can I do this?

Thank you.

Francois

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Generally, storage section search is activated at storage type level and if you wanted to serach for bin then you need to use SUT check active option in the storage type control  and storage bin type search to place the material dierctly in the bin.

Regards

Vijay

franois_becker
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Thank you for your response, but my need is to bypass storage section search if there's no storage section indicator set on the material. Is there another way to do it than an user-exit?

KR

Francois

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Francios ,

Storage type indicator activation is for storage type once activated system expects it as search criteria.

Maintain specific storage section criteria for relevant materials  and include single indicator for remaining materials which could move to all  sections.

Hope it helps

Thanks

Jinoy

franois_becker
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jinoy,

I can have a default rule for material without storage section indicator in storage section search but this sequence is priority over than sort field of storage bin.

KR,

Francois

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Francois ,

Storage type and section searches are at higher level an your sort sequence ID's  is at bin level.

I think according to search strategy system will allocate you storage type , section and bin with higher priority with respect to your sort sequence.

Does that answer your query ?

Thanks

Jinoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The system will give the priority to storage type search first, then it goes to stoarge section and then finally to bin search. If you wanted to avoid the stoarge section search, you can write your own logic using user exit check defined at storage type level.

Regards

Vijay