Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing fields in MDM Matching Mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a question/problem.

I created a new filed in my repository via MDM Console. Afterwards, I switched to MDM Matching Mode and executed a matchin strategie. If I go now to the Tag "Merge" in MDM Matchin Mode and compare two records, the new field is missing in the field list on the left side (please see screenshot).

Is there a limitation to the number of shwn fields? Can I add that new field somehow somewhere? I checked a lot of different possibilities but I can not find the answer.

Thank you all for your help which is appreciated!

Regards

Stefanie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefanie,

As far as i know, if you add a field in Main Table from console, then it should be available in Merge Records tab. Can you please check once that you have added the fields in Main table only?

Can you also check and select two records in Record mode and try to merge those two records and see if that field is appearing for merging there. Please check and let me know your observations.

Thanks and Regard,

Ankush Bhardwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush,

I checked everything. I did create the field in the Main table and it has data in it. Still, the new field is not appearing in the Merge tab after executing a matching strategie.

I also saw, that there some more fields missing in the merge tab.

If I stay in Record Mode and do the merging there (select 2 data sets, rightclick, choose merge) the new field is also not available.

I have no Idea so far.

Maybe this is a bug?

Thanks in advance

Stefanie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefanie,

Can you please tell me the version of MDM which you are using currently?

I am using 7.1 SP07 and i am able to see new added fields in Merge option.

May be you can try unloading and loading the repository with Update Indices once again.

And also do Repository Verify/Repair to check if something appears there.

Please let me know the results. Thank you.

Regards,

Ankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefanie,

I agree with above post doing a verify and Later Repair (If required) should help get to root cause of this.

Also, please take a archive of repository before doing a Repair.

Please come back with findings.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello together,

I tried now what you suggested (repair, update indices, unload/load). Nothing helped

We are using 7.1 SP09. Before that, we used 7.1 SP06.

Thanks vor your help!

Stefanie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefanie,

Thanks for quick update.

Can you please try to reproduce the error in other environments i.e Dev or sandbox.

Thanks,
Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Stefanie,

Since you are using the latest service pack, then it might be the bug that may not have been identified by SAP yet. You should raise an OSS message to SAP and report the scenario to them. They should be able to help you by providing the fix. But before that, as rightly suggested by Ravi, try to reproduce this scenario in some other environment or may be another repository as well. This will ensure that it is indeed a bug. Kindly do the needful and update us on your findings.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush Bhardwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I tested one again in different Systems (Dev and Prod) in different repositories, even differetn data types.

Nothing helped.

I will open a OSS and inform you as soon as I hav an answer.

In the meantime, let me say thank you for your help!

Regards

Stefnie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I raised an OSS and got the answer/solution: since the fields I added are calculated fields, they do not appear in the Merge Tab.

The reason is, that they can change because calculated and when merging the calculated field would get a "fix" value.

For my special case we would need the calculated fields, but the system does not allow it in merge tab.

Just wanted to keep you up to date.

Thanks and regards,

Stefanie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefanie,

Thanks for this information. I request you to mark this thread as answered.

Regards,

Ankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush,

i am using MDM-catalog 7.1. i am very new in MDM catalog kindly help.

i am importing the date from Excel sheet to MDM import Manager.n i mapped all the field.

after Import all the field is showing in Data manager except SUPPLIER NAME.

Please see the empty field.Kindly do the needful.

Thanks & Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saurabh,

There is no need to map all the fields, as you only want to import date field value. You just need to map one unique field (which you can select as a matching field under Matching Tab) and date field.

You might be having blank values for Supplier Name in your import file.

What option you have selected in Match Records tab (Update or Replace) ?

Thx/ -Tarun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tarun,

Thanks for the reply. I am trying to update the records with the supplier name. Am uploading the catologue for the first time and there is no data existing already in data manager. However the supplier field is not getting updated even if i choose only few fields to update.

In the match records tab I choose the option 'Create' for the same.

The supplier field I see is grayed out under the 'Matc Records' tab (source record) but this is not the case everytime. Whatsoever in all the cases the supplier name is not getting updated/created and also I cannot add the same manually in the data manager.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Saurabh,

Would you create a new thread with your problem explanation? If, it would be a separate thread, other users, who are facing same problem, they can search it?

Thx/ -Tarun