cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Process time in PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have configured a JDBC to JDBC sceanrio in PI 70. my requirement is i  have to capture the time taken to process the messages in PI and insert the same to target DB tables.

suppose if my select Query fetchs the 20000 records and inserting the same to traget DB tables...

--> i have to capture the start time of message process:

time stamp from the sender JDBC channel which shows as processing started. or start time from SXMB_MONI

-->Capture the message process End Time:

timestamp from receiver JDBC channel which shows message process completed successfully

So in my mapping i ahve to capture the start time and end time and insert the same to target DB table. pelase let meknow how can we achieve this. if it is with UDF, pelase provide me the standard SAP functions needs to call in UDF to fetch timestamp from SXMB_MONI / Channel / payload.

i have searched the scn existing posts...but did not get solution.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,VASU

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member201264
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu,

You can use the Run Time Constant to calculate the time while sending the message by sender Adapter  as below:

static StringTIME_SENT
          Time stamp specifying when the message was sent by the sender.

You can capture your Processed Successfully time with other variable.

Regards,

Sreeni.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In addition to above suggestions, you can also do the performance monitoring in the RWB. Here you can see the time the message reached PI and the time message left PI. Basically this monitoring provides PI side total message processing time for the individual interface. This monitoring would help to great extent within PI.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu,

Gagan solution is really good, you can try that but you need one extra field in each table to hold date time stamp value.

If you to calculate start and end time then go to moni and download message statics in to spreadsheet where you can see start and end time but this will not give 100% correct details because it shows only IE status.

other solution would be you need check sender and receiver adapter log, rwb -->message monitoring--->adapter engine(data base over view), it gives correct details start time and end time.

why you need PI interface for JDBC--JDBC interface?? are you integrating two different data base systems?

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Yes, we are integrating 2 different DB's. Also i need to update the processing time in DB table from PI.

even if i add one more field in DB table as 'inserted date', PI will insert value for that field as insertion start time...but if insert took 30min.(huge records >10L), how to capture end  time...

Is there any way to write adapter module (standrad/custom) to capture end time stamp that shows in receiver channel. or will BPM can help here? Please clarify.

Regards,VASU

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi vasu,

can you make a procedure at receiver end  which insert your sending record and after that at the end  insert  the current time. and you can call this procedure using receiver CC

Regards

Gagan

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have one suggestion if you want end to end time

you can add insert command in sender and Receiver CC to add a current time in database table there you can check both time...................

Regards

Gagan