cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to navigate form a pop-up window to my main window?

suman_kumar16
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

One pop-up window is there with selection-option and a button "SUBMIT" is available,When I click the "SUBMIT" button this should call the main window view where my report is available.Could anyone please reply me as soon as possible

Thanks

Suman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using a FPM GAF? Or just the WDA road map object?

In any case, since you have steps in the road map, why do you display a pop-up in the first place? You should utilize the "Next" and "Previous" buttons. It seems that you need to revise your design.

suman_kumar16
Participant
0 Kudos

Abdullah Azzouni

I am using simple road map. A main window with three views.On the second view of main window a button "ALV report" is there . When I click that button a pop-up window with select-option will pop-up .By entering the correct datas into the select-option and when I click the "SUBMIT" button in that pop-up window, item datas will display in ALV format in the 3rd view of main window . hope you get it now. Please tell me in detail

Thanks

_Satish_
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

As per the given scenario, in an WDA application, once you click the SUBMIT button and call the close() method on the pop-up window reference inside the action method of that button, the control returns to the WDDOAFTERACTION hook mehod of the view dispalyed in the background which in your case is the second view i.e. "purchase order overview" of the MAIN window.

Hence after the popup window is closed, the control must return to the WDDOAFTERACTION method of the view "purchase order overview" of the MAIN window where you can simply fire an outbound plug to the 3rd view in the main window. Hence as soon as the user clicks on the submit button the application will navigate to the 3rd view after the popup window is closed.

Hope this answers your query.

Regards,

Satish

suman_kumar16
Participant
0 Kudos

The above window is a pop-up window with a button "SUBMIT". My question is , When I enter the datas and click the button "submit" it will call 3rd view of main window( I am using Road-map)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are already on the main view and got the pop-up then Saul's solution above should work for you (basically, you are just trying to close the current pop-up screen). You can either save the window reference in the view attributes or in the component controller attributes.

If you need to actually navigate to the main view (meaning that the main view is not already displayed behind the pop-up window), then you can use out/in-bound plugs. Clicking the submit button triggers the an out-bound plug. Then, you link the out-bound plug with an in-bound plug on the main view (there is one by default called DEFAULT).

suman_kumar16
Participant
0 Kudos

HI ,

In my case main window with 3 views(purchase,purchase order overview and report view) .The popup window is raised from the second view that means from the "purchase order overview " view of main window.There is a button"submit" in the popup window, When I click the submit button of popup window that should navigate/call the 3rd view of main window. okay(the main window is present behind the popup window)

Thanks

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK; this means that the second solution I provided above should help you.

suman_kumar16
Participant
0 Kudos

I am using road-map for navigation between views

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi suman,

I assume you are using GAF.

Try using this method SET_SUBSTEP_VARIANT in IF_FPM_GAF in the event handler.

Regards,
Sowmya

suman_kumar16
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using Road-map

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suman,

You can close it by calling the CLOSE method of the class IF_WD_WINDOW.

For a sample code, you can take a look at this thread: http://scn.sap.com/thread/2003510.

Regards,

Raulie

0 Kudos

Hi

button "SUBMIT"  call the method Close of atribute gr_window.

When open your popup:

lo_api_component  = wd_this->wd_get_api( ).

lo_window_manager = lo_api_component->get_window_manager( ).

wd_this->gr_window = lo_window_manager->create_window(

window_name            = 'W_DET'

title                   = lv_text_otr

message_display_mode   = if_wd_window=>co_msg_display_mode_selected

button_kind            = if_wd_window=>co_buttons_ok

message_type           = if_wd_window=>co_msg_type_none

default_button         = if_wd_window=>co_button_ok ).

wd_this->gr_window->set_window_size(

width  = '500'

height = '360' ).

wd_this->gr_window->open( ).

method ONACTIONsubmit.

wd_comp_controller->gr_window->close( ).

endmethod.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may use 'Leave to screen 0'. This will take control to previous screen

or if u want to call selection screen  write 'Call screen 1000'.

Cheers

suman_kumar16
Participant
0 Kudos

my requirement is in web dynpro .not in module pool