cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages stuck in queues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

I have written a report to automate the restart of queues when the messages fail in SMQ2 due to system failure.

I need to test this report in dev PI.

I tried to resend this message to PI integration engine URL in Runtime Workbench by changing incorrect payload but the message is not failing in SYSFAIL.

Could you please suggest some ways to make sure the message is failing in SYSFAIL status.

Appreciatew ur help

Thanks,

Usha.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Usha,

standard program RSQIWKEX is already available to restart the messages in SMQ2. you can schedule the background job with this program . no need to write the custom code.

Cheers

Hidayat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hidayat,

Thanks for your reply. I will use the report RSQIWKEX for testing.

Could you please advise how the messages are allowed to fail in SYSFAIL status in PI. 

I took an example payload for a particular interface and sent this message to Integration Engine URL. Unfortunately the message is not failing in SYSFAIL status.

Could you please advise what needs to be done.

Thanks,

Usha

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi usha,

i am not sure but can u stop receiver cc and once message is failed then start cc and run ur job to test..............

or deactivate the queue  and once message is failed then activate and run ur job...

regards

gagan

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Usha,

Depending on the scenario you can produce the sysfail in SMQ2.or you can try to edit your IE url in SXMB_ADM and try to send a message ....it will fail.

then try to run your program .....

finally after running you can change the url to original..

Thanks,

Naveen.

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Usha,

Try to change the HTTP destination of your XI receiver channel, it will fail the messages in and will get in SMQ2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gagandeep,

I deregistered the XBQO queue in SMQR. I tried to send the message to PI IE url and the messsage got stuck in SMQ2 queue but the status of the message is in ready status.

I want the status of the message to be in SYSFAIL. Could you please advise how this test could be simulated.

Thanks,

Usha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hidayat,

This program RSQIWKEX is used for execution of registered inbound queues.

I tested this report by sending invalid XML message to PI integration engine URL and this has thrown mapping runtime exception and the message got stuck in SMQ2 queue.

I executed the report RSQIWKEX by providing the queue name XBQO00__55555 to check if the message is gettig restarted but the message is still held in the queue.

Could you please confirm if this report is used for restarting the messages held in the queue or is there is any other report for restarting the messages in queue.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks,

Usha.

Answers (0)