Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sales order item change time issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

we have a zreport for pending sales order ,

in that we have a output field  called EFFECTIVE SO DATE ,now the value it is picking is order date,

but  for that field we should get the date on which the latest change is made for corrosponding line item.

i tried CDHDR and CDPOS tables but i didnt got any logic from that ,

please help me out....

Regards

raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In that report, are you tracking any specific changes in data in sales & its relevant change date or simply updating latest change date?

If it is latest change date, then you can use field changed on from sales order (VBAK-AEDAT or VBAP-AEDAT). Else, kindly elaborate your requirement further.

Regards, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jp,

thanks for reply,

As we dont have PP module in place ,with the help of zreports we are processing,

in the zreport as i stated if any changes takes place to item like any charecteristics, that ppc guys should know when the change is happen so that they can consider the latest updated record to start production.

there we have field called EFFECTIVE SO DATE.

as my clent requirement  is whenever there is a change in item level apart from price changes, the change date should come for effective so date field.

(if price is changed that change data should not be considered)

Regards

rajasekhar choudary

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So, the report is going fetch all the change log lines. 

Say,

Sales Order NoItem NoChange FieldOld VlueNew ValueEFFECTIVE SO DATE
340050010Pricing Condition908527.11.2012
340050020Pricing Condition1000150028.11.2012
340060010Pricing Condition10012027.11.2012
340060010Quantity122528.11.2012
340060010Pricing Condition12011028.11.2012

Correct me, if my understanding is incorrect.

Regards, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear jp,

if any one changes item charecteristics(size,width length,thickness) or  usage indicater or quantity is changed then the effective SO date should changed to that date ,but if any other changes like price,  scedule line date change happen that should not considered by the system for changing the effective date.

order       item      date                  usage indicator     price      effective so date

20005       1       10.10.2012              50                    2500

20005       2        10.10.2012             40                    3000

usage indicator changed for 1st line item  

and price is chamged for 2nd line item                 

20005        1       10.10.2012              60                      2500                  12.10.2012    

20005        2        10.10.2012             40                      4800   

as price is changed for 2nd line item, the effective so-date is not changed.   

Regards

raj

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kindly refer following SCN thread, this might assist you in understanding:

- Changes in the Sales Order need to be captured

Regards. JP

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja Sekhar ,

Check with the ABAPer how the "Display Document changes" works in VA02/VA03. It gives the detail of the fields changed. Based on that, you can elimante the field which you don't want to capture as changes.

Regards

Vinu

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you still want to go ahead with these requirements, it seems there are basically two choices:

- track the changes as they occur and then set the 'Effective date' field (could be a custom field in VBAP)

- read the change documents on demand to figure out what the 'effective date' needs to be.

Neither one is really a good option, so pick your poison. The first one might be more effective, but might require many user exits / enhancements to track the changes.

Certainly SAP can't cover 100% of all the business requirements in the world, but that's why there are "best practices". I'd still suggest to look into changing the business process. What is the purpose of 'effective date'? Perhaps instead you should have some kind of order release process (e.g. using workflow) and/or apply blocks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jelena,

thanks for reply,

we are using order release process also for other purpose,

but we are not creating any new field but we are trying to fetch the change date into a report as effective so date .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ALL,

if any one changes item charecteristics like (size,width length,thickness) then the effective SO date should changed to the changed  date ,but if any other changes like price,  scedule line date change happen that should not considered by the system for changing the effective date.

Regards

raj

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are also many changes that do not even create change documents (e.g. texts) and would be impossible to track. I agree that specific requirement is not clear.

As a side note - there is really no "effective date" in SAP for the orders. It seems that this is some kind of a local business term. And all kinds of trouble start when instead of aligning with SAP, business folks start inventing their own stuff...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jelena,

as we dont have PP module in place ,with the help of zreports we are processing,

in the zreport as i stated if any changes takes place to item like any charecteristics, that ppc guys should know when the change is happen so that they can consider the latest updated record to start production.

there we have field called EFFECTIVE SO DATE.

as a reply to the side note :-as sap cant satisfy 100% client requirements ,

so that we have to customise as per the requirement(client dont go as per sap ,sap has to go as per client requirement )

Regards

rajasekhar choudary