cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collaboration of APO SNP and PP/DS (Planning horizon)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo All!

I have a question regarding the collaboration of SNP and PP/DS.

If the time horizon of SNP and PP/DS overlaps and a PP/DS – planned order is allocating a machine. Does the SNP uses the same resource to the same time anyway?

Found this comment in another discussion (http://scn.sap.com/thread/322500😞

"There cannot exist two sets of orders for the same period because that means double amount of receipt elements. So logically you have run SNP Heuristic and created orders and then later as this period comes closer to TODAY you run PPDS Heuristic which plans it in more detail."

Because its my first APO-project i am not sure if we are talking about the same. :-S

I am really thankful for your feedback.

Holger

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

If your PPDS orders are already allocated resource capacity, then SNP will not use same resourse at the same time, and moreover SNP doesn't plan within a day since it has minimum of day bucket.

In case during overlaps period some free capacity exists, then SNP can use that capacity to plan at day level.

Hope this helps.

Rgds

Sourabh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can decide wether you want SNP orders to consume capacity (by creating a suitable PDS).

To my understanding, your quote tells you that it is not a good practice to have simultaneously SNP and PP/DS orders in the same horizon if they mean the same thing (equally valid planned orders as seen in ECC in MD04), because regardless of whether they consume capacity or not, they will normally both cover requirements and reserve materials, so your plan visibility can be a real mess.

Read OSS note 481906 for detailed information of the different ways SAP suggests SNP and PP/DS should be combined, and how not to combine them in the same version if needed.

481906SNP - PP/DS integration (documentation)

thanks,

J.