cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Adapter PI 7.3 using JDBC - Sanity Check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently working on PI7.3 and Im faced with setting up a JDBC interaction with multiple writes and reads for any single piece of data being written or read from the remote Database.

Unfortunately I am limited in using Stored Procedures (I essentially cant).

Whilst I would normally use BPM for these kinds of interactions given the number of messages and the size of the messages I think it is a bad fit.

Im thinking a custom adapter would be best fit.

A rough sample of transactions;

1. Write a field to table A

2. Read record ID from table A

3. Write record to table B with reference to table A

4. Write Update to table A

5. Write Record to table C.

Would this type of interaction be appropriate in a custom adapter ?. Essentially this pattern will be followed for all data being posted remotely, the custom adapter will be an enhanced JDBC adapter using similar functionality to the JDBC adapter but with the transaction type interaction outlined above.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Further to these ends, I have located and unpacked the SCA and found the com.sap.aii.adapter.sample.ra.rar - the documentation explicitly referes to a src.zip file that should be available (THIS IS NOT THERE).

There is a src.zip.index which refers to the objects I should see, there are a bunch of class files but no .jav files to be seen and no src.zip file.

Is this because a corruption of the install or have they been moved again ?

I extracted SAPXIAF05_1-20007083.SCA from the server, the further extracted the the RAR but cannot find the src.zip ?

Please help....

former_member201264
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Please explain what is your requirement clearly. (I am not sure about your new custom Adapter).

We will try with existing onces without using the Stored Procedures and the custom Adapter.

Regards,

Sreeni.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the input,  I could use BPM but given message frequency and size I believe it isnt viable.

The transactional nature of the interaction is the main point, for each JDBC call that would normally do insert into foo .....

I need to do for a single record create of type foo;

Insert into foobar.

Select recordID from foobar.

Insert into foo (include recordID)

Update foobar where recordID = recordID.

Call SP.

These steps remain the same for every peice of data being written with table foo changing based on interface.