cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning message during GR if Quality Inspection Not Active

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i am in a implementation project as a QM consultant.

My client is asking a requirement.

When we do goods receipt for the material against the purchase order from a vendor if the quality inspection is not active for that material then system should throw a warning message that the relevant quality inspection for the goods movement is not active in material master.

Is it possible by any means and if yes how to do it.

Thanks in advance

Jesurajan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

krishnamurty_madduri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the std SAP system: If the QM is NOT active in Procurement, the system automatically posts the stock in Unrestricted.

However, if QM is active in Procurement: the system will definitely post the stock in QI Stock.

So, a situation where the QM is active and the system NOT posting the stock in QI doesn't arise.

That's why: When QM is active in Procurement, you need to create a Quality Info Record. This only will enable PO generation by the Purchasing Dept.

Hope the matter is clear. Regards, KrishnaM

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

User exit or BADI during MIGO Post, MB_DOCUMENT_Post/update/verify , will be helpful to put check

For Plant /Material combination if QMAT-ART = "01" (No table entry) or if table entry found check QMAT-

AKTIV = Blank , pop up message "Inspection data Incomplete"

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

Even if it would be possible it makes absolutely no sense. You would be working around the SAP logic. The material master is triggering the QM process here, and if there is no inspection type active, then this means that no QM process should be triggered here.

In consequence this means you have to control the material master creation process. It definitly makes sense that the QM department is maintaining the QM view itself. I have also experienced that in some companies QM is the last department in the material maintenance process and then releases the material master for usage.

Regards

MH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply

Sometimes material are created and PO is made and GR done without even QM dept knowing that such kind of material was made.

Jesurajan

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

Then your process needs rework. You should not try to fix a wrong process by implementing system checks.

One idea: Let the initial creator of a material set a material status that prevent logistic usage, and let QM remove this status when the QM relevance has been checked.

Regards

MH

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I also would advise against a programmed solution for this.

What you might do is create several bare bones material masters, one for each materal type.  Require by procedure that users use the templates as copy models for creating the materials.

That should be a win/win for everyone.  Most of the material master would be created for them and should make their life easier.  All they might have to change is a description in some cases.

Create a Z program. Search for any materials created in the past 24 hrs that do not have an 01 record in QMAT table.  Exit if none found.  If some are found, feed these materials to the QA08 transaction to activate the 01 inspection type.  Should be a pretty easy development. Run this once an hour or once a day.

FF

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Customer exit MB_CF001 or MBCF0002 or BAdI MB_DOCUMENT_UPDATE

Please check more detail in MM forum.

Regards, DoWook KIM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Thanks for the reply.

My point is assume a new material is created by purchase team. In the inpsection setup the 01 inspection type is not active(Gr inspection for PO). When i do GR the system by default it will post the quantity to unrestricted. But this should not happen at this stage system should throw a warning message before posting the GR to unrestricted saying that Inspection is not active in QM view material master.

I dont want to created info record and other stuff.

My point is whether can we have a system message at this point.

Is italready available in standard or any enhancement we should go for.

thanks in advance

Jesurajan

former_member1124592
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

currently i am engaged in QM ISO implementation. Now my client asked some what same thing. What they asked was that sometimes material are created and PO is made and GR done without even QM dept knowing that such kind of material was made. There is absolutely no check in that. They also wanted to have a check where if a material is created it will throw some error if it is sent to unrestricted.

But consider the situation where purchasing head  creates the material. How will system know that the created material will be even subjected to Qm isnopection or not. Let say u have raw material but sometimes even for some materials companies doesnot bother to have a check on quality while some may have. How will u distinguish between both?

What i gave as solution was when a material was created which is a very vital role as it is a master data so.. on creation of material an automatic mail be triggered to the senior heads/managers of respective dept , quality being mandatory. They they will decide whether they want to activate the QM view in material master or not. Based on that the next steps will be followed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello sir,

Please tell your user to give all the material number in advance which are to be checked by quality.

It is responsibility of user ( people working in QA dept.) and not the system , to decide whether particular material is to be inspected or not.

How can system decide at the time of GR that this material needs to be checked by quality and simply throws a message? system has no brain at all!!

So prior to uploding material master, please take material numbers from user and activate inspection types. if the material goes directly to Unrestricted use only because inspectionm type is not activated , then it is a mistake of user and not system, as user has not provided  or has not decided that , that particular material number is to be inspected, prior to uploding of material master.

Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aditya,

Thanks for reply

Sometimes material are created and PO is made and GR done without even QM dept knowing that such kind of material was made.

Jesurajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Such Errors are not the mistake of System and it is a mistake of communication gap.

How can one department don't co-ordinate with other deparment while creating a new material code? why dont they ask quality people and keep them aside? Please tell the people who creates Material master , to involve QM dept also in the process of creating new material.

QM dep. is also a part of Organisation!!

Aditya