cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PARSE_APPLICATION_DATA Error during XML returned upon synchronous response

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Good day!

We are trying to implement a synchronous abap proxy wherein we send data to another system (non SAP), then we expect a response in return to our request. We are facing a problem that not all the fields are being returned, only one field has been filled up and the other are blank even though viewing in PI/XI system the payload contains the missing data that were not interfaced. While running the program which will trigger the outbound proxy, there is an error being returned which states something about the response message. See below.

PARSE_APPLICATION_DATA Error during XML => ABAP conversion: Response Message; CX

_ST_MATCH_ELEMENT in /1SAI/TXSB3F3B9D6A1F67E55A2FF Line 285 System expected end

of element '{http://sawes.ws.in.xmlgatev2.sanco.cec.eu}message' XML Bytepos.: 43

7  XML Path: ns0:Envelope_Response(1)ns0:Body_Response(1)ns1:callServicesRespons

e(1)ns1:return(1)ns2:updateXMLEntryResponse(1)ns2:return(1)ns2:response(1)n

Do you have any idea on what the return message is telling us about? Is there something missing or needs modification in order to address this issue?

The message is not very straightforward on how to address the error.

I have also tried checking the transformation program /1SAI/TXSB3F3B9D6A1F67E55A2FF stated in the message but it seems that this is autogenerated and should not be modified.

Your help if very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Josue,

I think ABAP Code conversion is failing in Proxy level while getting the response data.  Take the response payload from sxmb_moni and test the proxy in ECC sproxy tcode.  If your not aware of the abap code debugging ask your abap team debug the proxy code.

Thanks,

Satish.

0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

I have also debugged it in the ABAP code since I'm an ABAP developer. But we get the same error that I have posted above both in the return message of the abap code and in SPROXY. And also this is a synchronous approach so we are only able to test the outbound proxy and we will then receive a response in return.

I was wondering if this has something to do with the data type being used in the abap proxy structure.

There is one field "message-code"(data type is XSD:string) in which there is a value in it but the others are blank. The other fields are having a type xsd:NMTOKEN and xsd:integer. Do you think it would be good to make changes in the abap proxy structure changing their types into XSD:string? Because we have a proxy in another development(inbound-asynchronous) in which it is working and most of the types are of XSD:string. Or do you have any suggestion that we should try to check where the root cause of this error can be found? Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Josue,

Yes better to change the type in proxy structure to string in reactivate the proxy.  As string will accept all kind of data.

Thanks,

Satish.

0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

We have found out that inside the message element there is a value for this but upon checking the abap proxy structure 'message' is a structure type and not a field so it is not able to hold any value causing the mapping of the other fields not getting mapped. I manually tested in SPROXY and removed the values for message element and all the fields are getting filled now!

The next step now is to somehow have our PI team check on how to handle the value for the message element so that the data will get mapped to the structure and not cause the other fields to be blank.

Answers (0)