cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronous SOAP Adapter Error

0 Kudos

Hi Friends

I have a synchronous scenario where SAP system (via proxy) sends data to a non SAP system using SOAP adapter of PI 7.3. The request and response message both are showing as successful but the response message from the non SAP system is not showing up as meaningful data in message monitoring - the payload is showing up as -

The XML page cannot be displayed

Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

The operation completed successfully. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/Documents and Settings/<user>/Local Settings/T..

This scenario works fine on PI 7.0.

Also, when we click on the web service service url, the web page gives the following message -

Hi there, this is an AXIS service!

Perhaps there will be a form for invoking the service here...

Is there some axis specific configuration that needs to be done on the system in PI 7.3? In PI 7.0 the scenario is working fine with transport protocol as http. its not configured as http (axis).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

Please confirm that the message communication is successful (Request as well Response) and SAP is getting back the response but you are facing issue only when trying to open Response payload in Message Monitoring. Which version of IE / Firefox you are using?

0 Kudos

Hi Nabendu

The messages are showing as successful in SAP and PI systems sxi_monitor but throwing error in the ERP Web application saying that system is expecting response starting with namespace ns1....

I am using ie 7

Regards

Vikas

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

Can you please mention the exact error what SAP is getting back as Response? Can you please check this in latest Firefox / IE8?  You have mentioned some error related to namespace. If you go to SAP, can please check whether SAP Response namespace is different from the XML getting back from 3rd party service?

0 Kudos

Hi Nabendu

The error in SAP system is - Error during XML => ABAP conversion (Response Message; error ID: CX_ST_MATCH_ELEMENT; (/1SAI/TXS44678EF7670585471C95 XML Bytepos.: 137 XML Path: Error Text: System expected the element '{http://<namespace>/message type

There is no xmls coming back from the third party.. in the inbound payload, all we are getting is -

The XML page cannot be displayed

Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

The operation completed successfully. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/Documents and Settings/<user>/Local Settings/T..

Thanks

Vikas

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

I think the issue lies in the Namespace of the message which Non SAP system is returning back as Response. Please ask Non SAP system team to send you the Response document so that you can comare what PI and SAP are expecting.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Few questions to clarify...

1) Are you getting both request and response message successful in PI?  Your replies says that you dont see any error in SXMB_MONI. That means both request and response is success.

2) If the above point is true, then the errors occurs in the proxy processing only. Is that right? If PI accepts the response message success and valid then there is a discrepany in xml parsers between PI and client proxy? I believe you are using the same message structure for sender and receiver response.

3) Are you mapping soap response from third party to the client proxy response correctly?

4) Also test the same message using soapui and see whether you see any error?

5) Also check whether soap target system changed the structure definition in wsdl in response side and you are not using the latest wsdl for the response and that cause any error.

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar - thanks for your response and apologies for delay in getting back to you.

Let me reply to your queries one by one -

1) Are you getting both request and response message successful in PI?  Your replies says that you dont see any error in SXMB_MONI. That means both request and response is success.

we tested the interface once again today and the interface is failing in PI with system error - both request and response. For outbound message, the payload looks ok but for inbound message, the payload is not giving an xml message. Screenshots below -

Request Message

Response -

Log version -

We checked with the third party and they told us that the request is received by them correctly and response sent out.

on your question 3 - the response payload is not coming through from SOAP adapter. The mapping is correct and tests successfully in mapping programme.

SOAP UI tool gives the response back correctly.

There is no change in the target WSDL message structure

Please let me know if i can provide you more information that can help you advice.

0 Kudos

ALso - Just to mention - the WSDL provided by the third party is an RPC style WSDL. I went through few SCN threads on RPC style web services and apparently there is some SCA files to be deployed. Is that applicable to PI 7.3 as well? do I need to use HTTP (axis) as transport protocol? This interface doesn't use this protocol in PI 7.0 though.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

did you solve your problem?

I have the similar issue now.

Thanks

Rene

0 Kudos

Hi Rene

Please check if Note "1786611 - Namespace definitions missing in payload" ios applicable to your system. This should fix your issue if you are facing the same issue as I did.

Please let me know the result.

Regards

Vikas

0 Kudos

Hi Rene.. can you please let me know if your issue is resolved?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

thank you for your kind message!

Not really. We checked this Note 1786611 and think this is not 100% solution to my issue.

This note will repair the prefix. In my issue, the payload loses sporadically and the transformation programs give this CX_ST_MATCH_ELEMENT error out. This error comes sporadically, sometimes all payloads arrive, sometimes one or two payload of differents proxy lose.

Some colleague here think it could be problem of network.

We are trying to move database server to sap server. After server movement we will check whether this problem would disapear automatically. when not, we will create a OSS request to SAP.

It is really a werid error.

Regards

Rene