cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data load to BW via SPM GUI ?

former_member182467
Participant
0 Kudos

We have installed all the BW content and it got activated in BW. I need to know the process to upload data from flat files to BW through SPM portal. Do we have any document to upload the order of files or the process to upload the load from the SPM portal. Please help. The clock symbol is keep on ticking all the time. Is this normal ?

What is the import folder and export folder used for ? If I give the local path of the files saved on my desktop, and If I go to any other tab and come back, these file path's are missing. Is that normal ? THese file path are missing even after I hit save and come out. Please suggest me the order and the process to load the data from the SPM GUI/ SPM portal ...where we have Global settings.....exchange rate, systems, file defaults tabs. After I give the path for import and export, what should I do. Please help any SPM experts.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mani_chinnaiah
Explorer
0 Kudos

Sequence of loading data in SPM:

Master Data

1. GEOGRAPHY                                 
  2. LCATEGORY (Source System Category)
  3. CATEGORY *
  4. ITEM
  5. UOM (Unit of Measure)  * - UOM_POC 
  6. COST CENTER       
  7. GL ACCOUNTS  
  8. LSUPPLIER  (Source System Supplier) *
  9. SUPPLIER *
  10. BUYING ORGANIZATION
  11. BUYER
  12. MANAGEMENT ORGANIZATION   -
  13. SITE 
  14. STD COST 
  15. SUPPLIER DIVERSITY

Transaction Data

1. CONTRACTS -
  2. PO
  3. INVOICE*
former_member182467
Participant
0 Kudos

Mani, thanks for the update. Can u please update how do we load data from SPM browser GUI to SAP BW installed activated DSO's & cubes's.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

You have not mentioned the version. However if it is SPM 3.0 thetn once you login to SPM UI click the Data management and go to Work with active Project then you'll able to see the data sources/Extractors which you maintained in OPM_SOURCES table in BI system. Choose the context menu of a particular extractor and click load file.

Now go to the second tab Loading/Validation then check your data source has the status Loaded and validated then you press the release button (assuming you don't have the enrichment process in place). Check the status under the tab page "Release to Reporting".

When you use release to reporting then  the data gets loaded into the detail layer and reporting layer.

Thank you

Best regards,

Amarnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amarnath, Mani,

I am setting up SPM 2.1 in our systems - I am a basis person. According to the document, when I need to setup source system in SPM UI portal, SPM --> Data Management --> Global Settings --> Systems, I am trying to setup BW as a system, but could not find an entry there.

This BW system was copied from our legacy system with SPM 2.1 and there is an entry for our ECC system already.

Can you please help me how to add a new system here? or where this existing ECC system entry came from?

Thanks

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amarnath, Mani,

After checking other threads here, found a table OPMDM_SYSTEM in the BW. Added an entry for our BW system and checked the "Active" flag to X. I am not sure if this is correct or not. Please let me know where I can find more info on this.

Thanks

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats correct OPMDM_SYSTEM is the correct table that stores the source system information. And I have seen BASIS folks maintain them directly in the table for it to reflect in UI

And RSXAADMIN is the table where your global settings are stored, you can as well maintain them directly in the table as well for them to reflect in UI

former_member182467
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amarnath/Recca,

I have installed and activated all the ds in ECC and activated the SPM objects in BI. I have replicated the DS's and maintained the entries in OPM_TYPES table. can u pls let me know if I have to maintain any other settings and any other entries. One more thing, we need to add ECC sources sytem ## Z_dsname in the opm_types tables. Is that right ?

What is the source system do we need to add in the SPM UI. Is it ECC source system or BI source system ?  Do we need to add  export folder, import folder etc. Please send me the screenshot or any settings. I am unable to start the data load from SPM UI to get the data till PSA in SAP BI ( for SPM datasources). I have the process chains, DSO's, Inbound layer objects and the reporting layer objects in active state. Only I need how to start the SPM UI to move the data to Inbounds layer & PSA, after which as the process chains are active the data goes from the inbound layer to the reporting layer.

I suppose we dont have to create Infopackage's to push the data till PSA. Is that right ?

Thanks,

DR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel,

There is a standard data for the sequence of data upload. Please send me an email to mani.chinnaiah@sap.com and I can send it to you.

Thanks,

Mani

former_member182467
Participant
0 Kudos

Mani, I am unable to contact your through your email. Is your mail box fine or is it full ? Can you please update the details in this post. I appreciate it.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel can you please provide the sequence that Mani is sending you in this thread? Thanks

former_member182467
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

Can you please help me to resolve this ? I am trying since many days to resolve and I m unable to get any related information regarding this. I need to use SPM UI to push the data load till the inbound layer. I am not sure how to do it.

I have installed and activated all the ds in ECC and activated the SPM objects in BI. I have replicated the DS's and maintained the entries in OPM_TYPES table. can u pls let me know if I have to maintain any other settings and any other entries. One more thing, we need to add ECC sources sytem ## Z_dsname in the opm_types tables. Is that right ?

What is the source system do we need to add in the SPM UI. Is it ECC source system or BI source system ?  Do we need to add  export folder, import folder etc. Please send me the screenshot or any settings. I am unable to start the data load from SPM UI to get the data till PSA in SAP BI ( for SPM datasources). I have the process chains, DSO's, Inbound layer objects and the reporting layer objects in active state. Only I need how to start the SPM UI to move the data to Inbounds layer & PSA, after which as the process chains are active the data goes from the inbound layer to the reporting layer.

I suppose we dont have to create Infopackage's to push the data till PSA. Is that right ?