cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EasyDMS Filtering Operates Sporadically

Former Member
0 Kudos

To All,

I am running EasyDMS 7.1.3.1 and have defined a global filter that maintains two conditions.  The first condition is to show all DIR's with an internal status of "RELEASED" (FR).  This is defined so that display-only users can see only DIR's that are released and no other internal status.  The second condition permits the display of any folders (document type FOL) which maintain an internal status of "" (ie: empty value).  Displayed below is the global filter that I'm using.  As you can see, it is activated as my default.

When either the users (or I for that matter) use this filter and then perform a search, I sometimes will get released documents and other times I get a mix of internal status.

As far as security is concerned, the users have 03 activity access on the authorization objects for DMS and have asterisks for EASYDM_LAY and EASYDM_FIL.

Has anyone ever experienced this effect or have a solution to fix this.  Any clues will help...

Thanks - Richard.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue resolved.  We had some missing lines in functions EASYDMS_SET_PREFS and EASYDMS_GET_PREFS plus the operation of the CANCEL command button and closing of the window within the DEFINE DISPLAY FILTER screen within EasyDMS actually deactivates the filter.  This is counterintuitive because within most software applications a closure of the popup window or clicking of a CANCEL command button usually results in no actions other than to return to the calling routine within the program.  SAP has chosen to deviate from common practice on this.  Once you understand that you should use these two actions and press the SAVE FILTER CRITERIA command button, you can retain the filter for subsequent searches and login sessions.

Answers (0)