cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I activate a material

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting an error while saving transfer order saying "material ABC does not exits or is not activated" How do I activate material or solve this error?

Thanks

Manohar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manohar,

Pls check if the material has been flagged for deletion (MM06). otherwise there is no such thing as activation for a material.

also check if the plant and storage location in the sales order you are creating matches the actual plant and storage location of the material.

also cross check the sales.org, dist.channel and division of the material.

Fianlly, although even if it is nothing to do with the error you have encountered, check if sufficient stocks are available for that material to be delivered.

Regards

-Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked MM06 "Entry T-AT601 012 does not exist in MLGN -check your entry"

Why it is giving that error even though it is created and I can see the material.

This material is newly created by me and I checked sales org. dist. ch. and

division. plant and storage loc. everything looks same as sales order. While doing transfer order says material does not exist or not activated.

How do I solve this problem?

Thanks.

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Manohar,

Check the following:

1.In MMBE whether this material exists in the plant and storage location.

2. Also Check whether a combination of plant and storage location is assigned to the wear house no in which you are creating TO

If not extend the same using MM01 and then try creating the TO

REWARD IF IT HELPS

Regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls verify whether the material is created for the particular plant (supplying as well as receiving). Most likely, the material does not exist in one of the plants.

Once you find out which plant it is missing, just extend the mtl to that plant and then try creating the TO again.

This will defintely solve your problem.

Thanks,

Siva