Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Group restriction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Question with our landscape as example:

We have 4 Development clients: DEV100, DEV 200, DEV300, DEV400

2 Transport Groups: DEVALL (Target clients - 200, 300, 400), DEVSEC (target Client - 200 only)

Now, when a transport is created in DEV300, it should only go to DEV 200, so we use Transport Group - DEVSEC.

But in DEV300, we can access Transport group DEVALL as well.

So, many a times, users select this Group - DEVALL in 300 and the transport makes its way into clients where it shouldn't.

Question: Can we make some setting in TMS, so that Group - DEVALL is not available for selection in client 300?

P.S. I applied an Auth Trace to see if I can restrict this via Roles, but the Groups are not restricted through Security.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think that is possible.

And besides, reading through your post raises several questions:

1. We have 4 Development clients: DEV100, DEV 200, DEV300, DEV400

How does that make sense? Development is client independent! I am having the impression that you are talking about customizing, which is indeed client specific.

My general advice is to have only one customizing master client in a landscape and distribute this to the clients that need it. Off course you can have sandbox clients and such, but customizing should never be distributed from those. And you don't need to transport client independent objects (workbench requests) among clients within system.

Cheers Michael