cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM for two file transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have below requirements and want to use BPM: can you plz give me the BPM steps involved in it?

• two files are dropped from ECC
  • PI picks those two files at the given time
  • No mapping required; just pass-through
  • Drops two files at two destination folder
  • PI send email of successful file transfer to the destination
  • Or email of unsuccessful file transfer.

thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

robertot4s
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prema,

You can use a fork step in the BPM in order to pick both files in the same process. But you need to use correlation in order to ensure the BPM is processing the correctly pair of files. Add a data field to the files that identifies each pair of files.

The step chain could be:

• PI picks those two files at the given time: Fork Step with two branches, one per file (Each file is read by a different communication channel. Use EOIO with the same queue in both channels). Each branch with a receive step.
  • No mapping required; just pass-through
  • Drops two files at two destination folder: Two sender steps.
  • PI send email of successful file transfer to the destination. Final sender step.
  • Or email of unsuccessful file transfer. Exception handling with sender step.

Don't forget to add a deadline branch.

Regards,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Roberto.

I will try this.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If mapping objects not involved then how can you use BPP for this, better to handle this requirement in standard way like file to file scenario(no ESR objects),Develop one more scenario to send an success email,implement alert mechanism to handle error email for unsuccesfull scenarios.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to transfer these two files with different names in one transaction,  because these two files are getting processed together at target side, so its mandatory that two files should go together and if the files did not get sent in particular time then send out email of failure.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When sender system team places files on FTP, both files have different file name or same name?

devide in to two interfaces.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Develop two different file scenarios (two different names) but schedule both the scenarios of file adapter at the same time and see how that helps. Use alert for the sending mails.

Former Member
0 Kudos

different file names in same folder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

how can we send one email, when using two different interfaces?

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

well this is tricky part, you need some kind of look up to count number of files in FTP ,use file look up mechanism using UDF . develop one more File to Mail interface to send an email

Former Member
0 Kudos

each file may arrive at different time; I'm using BPM, so that i can wait for another file to arrive. and send together the files and send out email too.. this seems easier; instead of two interfaces.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if bussiness wants in this way then you have to go for BPM here,but i consider using BPM design for this interface is not a right prctise because

1)Not sure when you would receiver second file.

2)If file format is unstructure then implementing FCC difficult at both receiver channels.

alternative,

implement ALERT mechanism  to cover failure cases and split interface two parts.

Convince yoru customer to avoind success email alert.

Former Member
0 Kudos

the second file should arrive on the same day. nearly same time. and there is no change in the format of file it is just pick and feed these two files to another system.