Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeburger BIC mapper with blank mandatory field

DG
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm using Seeburger to convert a EDIFACT document to XML.

In one of my documents I have a FTX segment like the following.

DTM+334:201211161328:203'

FTX+TRA+++                '

CNI++5232241111'

Where the FTX text just is blank.

Seeburger gives the following error

FieldData checkInputSyntax(): Mandatory, incoming field is empty. Segment:'FTX', Field:'4440'

DESCRIPTION: FieldData Error in Segment [not specified] incoming mandatory Field [not specified] is empty. Check class files.

Is there anyway to get around this issue.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

looks like your file is not correct according to EDIFACT Syntax, means if the Group C107 is existing, it needs at least one mandatory entry between the last two "+"

FTX+TRA+++                ' 

If your partner is not able to correct this file according to syntax, you can still modify the 1:1 - Mapping with the BIC MappingDesigner and just ignore this. Are you using a Message that is part of the templates or is this related to a message type that has been deployed in the Mappings_User.sda ?

If you like, you can provide me with the testdata so I can verify...

Greetings

Stefan

DG
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It seems like I can change the mandatory part on this FTX segment in the 1:1 mapping and then it will work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

yes you are right, i also faced the same issue.

you can change the standard schema cardinality of FTX from 1:1 to 0:1 then create new sda/sca file

Cheers

Hidayat

DG
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It was the 4400 field which was blank. After a new SDA with the 4400 text field was no longer required, it just worked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good to hear !..

Cheers

Hidayat

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

are you using standard mapping provided by seeburger or custom map in BIC?

rcsegovia
Active Participant
0 Kudos

SAP Tech,

It's a pretty old document but... http://dc470.4shared.com/doc/O5J8BREY/preview.html

the solution it's modifying standard provided by seeburger.

cheers,

Roberto.

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

thanks for sharing this information...but as you mentioned, this one is pretty old.

Therfor I am just providing here also a  link to download the same document for the newest Seeburger-Adapter-Version 2.2

SAP_BICMD_config_en.pdf:

https://mft.seeburger.de:443/portal-seefx/~public/db1ba178-c991-4e96-b7e1-a68f2e2e847e?download

Kind Regards

Stefan

rcsegovia
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Cool thanks to you!

Roberto.