cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Basis Support Package 7.00 error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I wanted to apply Basis support package 9 for release 7.00 for our solution manager 4.0 system.

When i started, it gave an error in the phase ADDON_CONFLICT? stage.. The message is as below:

Phase ADDON_CONFLICTS_?: Explanation of Errors

Conflicts were found between the Support Packages that you want to

import and the Add-Ons installed in the system. To guarantee the

consistency of your system, the import is interrupted until all Conflict

Resolution Transports (CRTs) for the listed Support Packages are

included in the queue.

To include the CRTs in the queue, proceed as follows:

- Write down the Support Packages and Add-Ons that have conflicts.

- Leave this screen by choosing 'Cancel' (F12).

- Load the CRTs for the Support Packages with conflicts from the SAP

Service Marketplace or request them from your Add-On supplier.

- Define the extended queue again in the Support Package Manager.

- Import the queue. The Support Package Manager executes all steps from

the beginning.

If the problem involves an SAP Add-On, see SAP Note 53902, which tells

you which CRTs resolve the conflicts. Otherwise contact the supplier of

your Add-On for details on how to proceed.

The following contains a table of Support Packages for each Add-On for

which conflicts were detected. The column 'Information on the Conflict

Resolution' specifies how you can resolve a conflict. For more

information, select the corresponding 'Information for the Conflict

Resolution'.

Conflicts Between Add-On ST 400 and Support Packages

Software Component Release Support Package Information on

Conflict Resolution

SAP_BASIS 700 SAPKB70009 Include CRT

Can anyone guide me how to proceed.

Thanks,

Sailesh K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello EXPERT

I am also stack with the error "ADDON_CONFLICTS", I need to extend the queue, but dunno the procedure

How do i extend the queue ?

How do i redefine the CRT in the existing queue ?

Pleae advise us

Regards

Anwer Waseem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to download the crt for the support package from sap service market place. It will be an add-on package.

Thanks,

Sailesh K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anwer,

you could try reset the queue and define a new one, including the CRT.

Regards,

Constantina

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to delete the defined queue then spam --> display/define --> here you can modify or delte the queue.

cheers,

-Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunil

Thanks for the expert reply, I have been solved earlier, i did exactly as you wrote.

Reset the queue did not help in this situation, we have to delete the queue in the same situation, i m sharing my experience with all of others who will experience the problem.

REgards

Anwer Waseem

SAP BASIS

Former Member
0 Kudos

please close this thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I got the similar conflict error when i am applying BASIS 10 on ECC 6.0.

the conflict is between ST-PI 2005_1_700 and BASIS 10 and it says include CRT.

I searched in SMP,couldt get CRT.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

regards

RaghunahthL

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can search in support packages for SAPKITL419 which is CRT for SAPKB70010

Cheers,

-Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have already answered this earlier.

The CRTs of Basis Support Packages 7.00 are the support packages of ST 400.

<i> Re: Import Basis Support Package 7.00 error

Posted: Feb 22, 2007 1:29 PM in response to: Sailesh K Reply E-mail this post

Hi Sailesh,

the CRT for SAPKB70009 is the SP 7 of ST 400 (SAPKITL417).

You should download the complete support package stack from SAP Service Marketplace. You will then avoid similar problems.</i>

Regards,

Constantina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh,

You are employing one or more Add-Ons in your system, apply patches regularly and want to know how the consistency of your Add-Ons is guaranteed. The list of Add-Ons installed in your system is stored in table AVERS.

During patch application the SAP Patch Manager (SPAM) checks for conflicts between patches in the queue and the installed Add-Ons. A conflict occurs if an object delivered in a patch is also delivered in an Add-On. If conflicts are detected, SPAM stops processing at step ADDON_CONFLICTS_? and asks the user to load the corresponding CRTs into his system. The attributes of such CRTs match the Add-On id, Add-On release and patch predecessor (i.e. the patch in conflict).

The patch application can only resume if all CRTs are selected in the patch queue. To resolve a conflict SPAM does not check if the conflicting object is contained in a CRT. It suffices that the corresponding CRT has been selected in the patch queue. All conflicts raised by its patch predecessor(s) are then resolved in one go.

CRTs were introduced to protect the consistency of Add-Ons during the application of patches, such as Hot Packages and Legal Change Patches (LCP). There are two types of CRTs:

1. Conflict Resolution Transports (CRT)

A CRT resolves conflicts between one patch and one version of an Add-On including all previous versions. Example:

Consider a system where Add-On IS-X is installed. During the application of patches P1 and P2 SPAM detected conflicts between the patches and the Add-On.

To resolve these conflicts two separate CRTs are required, CRT1 and CRT2. A consistent patch queue looks like this:

P1

CRT1

P2

CRT2

SPAM will only let you resume the patch application if you redefine the patch queue containing all four patches. You can see the name of the patch for which a CRT resolves a conflict in the "Predecessor" field in the patch queue dialog.

2. Collective Conflict Resolution Transports (CCRT) are similar to CRTs but resolve conflicts between several patches and an Add-On. Example:

Consider the previous example but this time the conflicts between patches P1, P2 and Add-On IS-X are resolved not by two CRTs but by one Collective CRT (CCRT) CCRT1. A consistent patch queue looks like this:

P1

P2

CCRT1

SPAM will only let you resume the patch application if you redefine the patch queue containing all three patches. The CCRT is added at the end of its highest predecessor, here P2. You can see the highest predecessor for a CCRT in field "Valid to patch#" when you scroll the patch queue dialog to the right.

Keep in mind that a CCRT describes a range of patches for which conflicts are resolved, with the lower limit being the predecessor and higher limit the highest predecessor.

Cheers,

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sailesh,

the CRT for SAPKB70009 is the SP 7 of ST 400 (SAPKITL417).

You should download the complete support package stack from SAP Service Marketplace. You will then avoid similar problems.

Regards,

Constantina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Constantina,

I also have the same problem in SPAM. But I am not able to download the complete stack, when I go to SM 4.0 SP stack, it says <b>Not visible for the logged on user</b> . Is it an authorization issue in SMP, because I tried with many login ID`s. Please help.

Regards,

P. Kumaravel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

the logged in user should have the authorization to download support packs from the service market place.

cheers,

-Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Palani,

you need the authorization to download SP stacks for the specific component.

You should contact your SAPNet user administrator and/or create a message to SAP.

Regards,

Constantina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sailesh

Check for necessary CRTs within the transactions SPAM or SAINT

may not find all CRTs you should have.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajat,

Can you tell me how to find the RT's for the support package.

Thanks,

Sailesh K