cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap gui for android os

former_member228881
Participant
0 Kudos

Is there sap gui available for android OS?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Mr Kannan,

Short answer, No.

All Gui versions are given in the below note.

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/66971

Best Regards,

Jude

former_member228881
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot jude...

Regards

RaJiTh R S

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are talking Android tablet, then the HTMLgui works surprisingly well. I use it occasionally on my 7" Nexus 7 to access our ERP6 system. A colleague uses it on a 10" iPad. Add a bluetooth keyboard and it might work quite well for regular light use.

If you mean a phone-sized device, then there isn't really the screen real-estate. That's when you need mobile-specific apps, I would say.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Steve,

i would like to install or use SAP GUI on my 10.1" android tablet. how can I do that ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to talk to your Basis guys to get the URL for HTMLgui, and to make sure it is configured on the servers you want to access. There's nothing you need to install on the tablet - just use the native browser (chrome on an Android tablet).

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Steve,

I tried using the native browser as well as Google Chrome to access SAPGUI for HTML. It gives error "Browser not supported". I tried in Firefox and I am able to logon and the browser displays the main SAP screen. However nothing gets excuted after that. I am not able press any of the button on the scrren. Is there any setting I need to do on table or on server? I am using android tablet

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

What system are you trying to connect to? It sounds like the NetWeaver version might be too old. Do you know what version is running on the SAP system? Look for the version of the SAP_BASIS component. I'm running ERP6 on NetWeaver 7.02 and the Chrome browser on my Android tablet (running Android 4.2) works fine.

Chrome support is relatively new - it might be that your backend system is just too old?

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using SAP ECC 6.0 with SAP NetWeaver 7.0. I am on android version 4.0.3. In fact I checked this on mylaptop which is running windows 7. Still it says that 'Google Chrome browser is not supported'.

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then I think you need a newer NetWeaver. However, there might be a work-around. Have a read of this blog: Much of it is about portal use with Chrome, but point 4 is about ITS transactions, which includes the webgui. Try making the changes suggested there and see if that gets you going.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Steve for your guidance. I tried the suggestions given in the link, but still I am not able to access it. I am able to gain acccess SAP system using firefox beta application, but the screen keeps flickering. SAP replied to my OSS message that 'this is supported only from EHP 2.0 onwards'. Looks like I have to go for EHP upgrade.

Regards

Sandeep

fredrik_borlie
Contributor
0 Kudos

Another version to look at is to use a terminal server solution like Citrix.

Then use the citrix app to launch the sapgui on any device!

Will cost you some additional hardware/licenses, but the solution works.

former_member228881
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi fredrik,

I have some questions??

Is Citrix is like vmware???

So your suggesstion is to install citrix apps on android mobile users and to use sap gui???

Regards,

RaJiTh R s

fredrik_borlie
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello.

I would not suggest it. I would suggest to create the correct type of applications for this type of device.

SAP GUI should not be consumed by a smartphone like iPhone or Samsung Galaxy.

It is POSSIBLE to use Citrix (terminal server solution, please google if you do not know what it is).

I recommmend to look at Sybase Unwired Platform, SAP Portal on Device or similar solutions to create SAP applications to be consumed on the mobile device.

former_member194094
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rajith,

The native UI technologies of SAP have been designed to run on
desktop computers and just porting them to the mobile world would
not have satisfied neither the customer nor us.

What I can provide you is - ITSMobile:
You may find more information about the ITSmobile here:
https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/HOME/ITSmobile

The ITSmobile allows you to connect with a mobile device to a SAP system
but please note that this is mainly used for floor plant devices - it
was not intended for smartphones.(IPad, Android...)

Kind regards,

Eric

former_member228881
Participant
0 Kudos

I need to know one more information, Will SAP works on MAC OS??

Regards,

RaJiTh R S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I use the SAP GUI for Java on my MacOS computer, which works fine! So: Yes, it will run on MacOS. Please see note 146505 for further information.

Kind regards

Jann