cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update SAP XI 3.0 to PI 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have been asked about the requirements regarding upgrading from XI 3.0 to PI 7.3.

Can XI 3.0 be upgraded to PI 7.3 or should a new installation of 7.3 be installed and then migrate the XI 3.0 SWC developments across.

Are there any documents describing what the best practices are for this sort of upgrade?

I have searched the internet and can only come across docs relating to upgrading from 7.1 to 7.3

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Starting with SAP NetWeaver Process Integration 7.1, only 64-bit operating systems are supported. If

your productive system is currently still running on a 32-bit operating system, you will have to do an

OS migration of your productive environment before you can technically perform an upgrade.

If your prod system is currently running on 64-bit then you can directly upgrade on the existing system or you can build a new system and transport the objects.

Cheers

Hidayat

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

We were having XI 3.0 to PI 7.3 (Dual stack). For this we installed new version of PI 7.3 and then migrated the SWVC components and for the configuration objects if your requirement is as it is then you just need to take export and then import into the PI 7.3 The manual configuration will be needed for communication channel parameters and also if you have any custom modules such adaptive modules for encryption and decryption, then you will need to check and update the required information in them.

As epr best of my knowledge the Update is available only for PI 7.1 and above versions but for XI 3.0 you need to install new version of SAP PI 7.3 and move your objects from XI 3.0

Please refer the following link for more details - http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0a78af6-1977-2e10-0d81-ca7e9f81b...

Also you need to check for your SLD , I mean if you are going for Local or central SLD?

I hope the information is useful for you.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Currently we are having dual stack XI 3.0 system and we are going to migrate to PI 7.31.

My doubt is whether i have to upgrade the system or we have to install 7.31 and then import the required configuration settings.

So request you to please share me some handy notes so that i can perform the task smoothly.

Thanks in advance.

praveenmishra.live@gmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I need your help regarding the migration of XI 3.0 to PI 7.31.

My approach is to install latest PI system and import the old SLD's and configurational objects into it.

Could you please guide me that which things are needed from current XI system.

I will be very thankful to you if you help me in this regards.

If possible pls share the supporting documents if you have.

Praveenmishra.live@gmail.com

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I think if you new PI box is ready (I am assuming it as dual stack). Then you can start the congifuration of SLD and then the Configuration objects.

You can take export of configuration objects from you r XI and then you can import them into your new PI system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Right now I' m in serious trouble and stuck completely if it is possible for you can you please help me.

Want to discuss something so can you please provide me your contact details... I will not take much time

Pls share your contact details to praveenmishra.live@gmail.com