cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operation Mapping must be exist in Interface Determination?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PI experts,

my PI is PI7.11 SP 06.

In ESB I created an Operation-Mapping. In IB I created an Interface Determination with both interfaces and forgot to define this Operation-Mapping. 

In the end it works perfectly.

I'm wondering, whether it is a must to define an Operation-Mapping? It would be ok, just define the correct interface and PI finde the corresponding Operation -Mapping automatically?

Regards

Rene

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dong,

Operation Mapping is not mandatory for all the scenarios.  For example if your source and target messages structures are same no need of creating message mapping and operation mapping.  With out these steps also scenario will work fine.

Thanks,

Satish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry. because of mistake i posted this disussion. please delete it.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What you have created is affectionately called a pass through scenario in some circles Rene.

The operation mapping that you have created in this case won't be considered at all in this approach. If your source and target message are semantically identical, and explicit mapping is not required.

You could even delete your related mapping/s in the ESR & check, it will still work. It's a nice feature but it does mean you closing the door any sort of data manipulation (i.e. in a mapping). It has some other good benefits in terms of Abap stacks & extended XML handling using this approach. 

Regards, Trevor