cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fields not in change history of customer master data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We used email address in general data of customer master  to send out customer's ebilling document thus it is a very important field for us. However, we found that there is no change history for this field if we run transaction OV51.

Also no change history in the fax/email of contact person which will cause confuse.

Do you know whether there is a configuration to put a field into the change history of customer master data?  Development will only be our last choice.

thanks.

Jonnie.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I know, standard report for transaction OV51.

Or you may say S_ALR_87012182.

For program, RFDABL00.

This caters to capture changes made to Fax/Email.

If this not coming, in your report. Then kindly check whether, is there any changes made to this standard report.

To know that, use TCode SE38, provide program as RFDABL00.

Select source code under subobject section.

And click on display button.

Then in menu bar, choose Utilities - Versions - Version Management.

If you see: "Version(s) in the version database"

This means changes are made to this standard report.

Take help of ABAPer to analysis the changes & resolve the same.

Regards, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Buddies,

All you taking about is some function knowledges which are not specified for my question. The base for the change history is the stored data in change document like table CDHDR and CDPOS.

I have checked all entries in CDPOS, no field value change for email address.

The key question is ABOUT configuration. How could we configure which fields to be included in change documents.

I have also checked transaction SCDO, but it is only taking about tables related to change document, not in field level.

Someone has further clue on this topic?

Thanks.

Jonnie

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jonnie

I don't think so you need to add fields in some configuration specifically for change history. In standard system saves change history for every field. I have tested by changing Email address in customer master and checked in XD02 Environment > Changes and system is showing me new and old value. If you have not implemented some Z thing then system must save changes to Email ID field. Check the link it might help you. If after checking everything system don't show changes then there are two possible things.

1. Fields have not been changed.
  2. If you are 100% sure about changes then put OSS note to SAP so that they can suggest you further.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/dd/55f4ad545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/content.htm

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mozzam,

I checked the change history again. Yes, it works for email address in general data.

However, if I changed home address of contact person for a few times(such as email/fax), there is only 1 change history when I created the home address:

Date        Field                        New                                Old

27.11.12  Address number       72735

Could you please try the same?

Thanks.

Jonnie

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try & checked the program RFDABL00.

If you would have. Then you could have come to know, which all Tables/Functional Module this standrad program is considering, to fetch any changes made in customer master.

All the best & take care.

Regards, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Buddies,

Seemingly you have not reached the core of the problem. ALL change reports are checking change documents (table CDHDR and CHPOS). No need to check the program for such logic. I have already read the table for the entries.

The real problem is that the change object for contact person is not the same as that for customer. It is BCONT           business partner contact.

There is SAP notes for it.

https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=395627

Closed.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear,

did you try XD04 ?

if you're still not satisfied please request a custom report

regards,

ripu123in
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use T Codes:S_ALR_87012182 for display changes which is made in customer.

Regards,

Tarun

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonnie,

You can check the same in XD02 Account changes.

Sivavasireddy