cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making relationship between Statistical WBS element with Internal Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When I flag a WBS element as 'statistical'(WBS Element-Control Data tab), the CostCenter for Posting(PRPS-KOSTL) field becomes input field.

Do I have option in customization, to change this field to 'internal order'. I am looking for making relationship between statstical WBS element with real internal order ?

thanks in advance!

Regards,

Mahendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think there is any configuration which will allow you to change cost center field to Internal Order, better raise an OSS message and see if they can provide any notes to suffice your requirement.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahendra,

I think this can be achieved by some development i.e. bringing the field COAS-AUFNR in screen layout of WBS element . I am not sure of any other std. way of achieving it.

OR

(It's just a guess)

In the path, SPRO>PS>Operative struct.>WBS>User Interface settings>layout of WBS detail screen>include user defined detail screen.

In the above path add the field with Program Name SAPMKAUF and screen number 0600.

And check if this brings the field of internal order at the respective place/tab(by assigning this field to respective tab control data:define layout of WBS Ele. detail screens).

Check if it works.

As far as replacement of CC with IO is concerned, Not sure if any substitution will work there or an ABAPer may be of some help but I think screen modification can be handy for this swapping.

Well, if I could find something more useful,I will post here accordingly.

This issue of yours also raises a question in my mind that if the option of WBS assignment is given in KO01 then why the vice-versa in not given with WBS element in std. SAP?

Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ankur for elaborate answer!

But I prefer not to do development for this, as it could have impact on the areas which are unknown to me.

This issue of yours also raises a question in my mind that if the option of WBS assignment is given in KO01 then why the vice-versa in not given with WBS element in std. SAP?

It is valid point, may be marketplace will help to get the answer.

Regards

Mahendra

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ankur Tiwari wrote:

Hi Mahendra,

I think this can be achieved by some development i.e. bringing the field COAS-AUFNR in screen layout of WBS element . I am not sure of any other std. way of achieving it.

OR

(It's just a guess)

In the path, SPRO>PS>Operative struct.>WBS>User Interface settings>layout of WBS detail screen>include user defined detail screen.

In the above path add the field with Program Name SAPMKAUF and screen number 0600.

And check if this brings the field of internal order at the respective place/tab(by assigning this field to respective tab control data:define layout of WBS Ele. detail screens).

Check if it works.

As far as replacement of CC with IO is concerned, Not sure if any substitution will work there or an ABAPer may be of some help but I think screen modification can be handy for this swapping.

Well, if I could find something more useful,I will post here accordingly.

Regards

Ankur

I dont think just adding an internal order field will work, because you have to tell the system whenever you post a cost use this internal order as a real CO object not the cost center.

Regards

Ankur

Can you create a WBS Element under a network activity ? or in other words can you create a WBS assigned to a network activity. I dont think that is possible, because in a project heirarchy network  comes below the WBS Element. Network is an 'Order' of category 20 and internal order is an another order of category 01, so network & internal order falls under same level, that is why you can assign a internal order to a WBS Element not the vice versa.

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mahendra,

As for as I know, it is not possible.

Let see, what others have to say on this.

By the way, what is your scenario? Why this requirement has come up?

Regards,

Amaresh Makal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

If I define a WBS as statstical and then populate the Cost center for posting in WBS control data, this cost center will be assumed for actuals posting whenever I am using statstical WBS.

However in this case my real object here is internal order but not cost center, I was looking to define the relationship so that user do not need to manually select the internal order in purchase req. and purchase orders.

I hope now you understood my requirement.

Regards

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. Got it.

I guess it's not possible in standard system. You may need to do development.

Regards,

Amaresh Makal

former_member1009083
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Internal Order Master Data KO01, you can assign the statistical WBS against the Internal Order

Regards

Diptadhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think, you did not get my question.

I want to replace this 'Cctr Post' in WBS element Control Data with 'Internal Order'. Can I do it ?

Regards,

Mahendra