cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sybase HWC 2.1 - Workflow "Signature" Control - Unable to save image into binary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

In the Sybase Unwired Workspace 2.1, we can add many types of controls such as text fields, List views, check boxes and also the Signature.

I have mapped the Signature control of my workflow to my MBO as type BINARY with no space limitations.

However, when I submit a create operation from my workflow form on the device, it goes to the backend sampledb and creates a new record.

All the text field values are saved correctly except for the Signature.

Regardless of how the Signature box is signed, it stores into the database as "x0". Logically, a picture that is saved into binary should consists of a long string started by "x0".

What is the correct method of saving the Signature image from the HWC workflow form into the backend database?

Thanks.

Regards,

Haridev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harideva,

Have you met the limitations of using a signature?

For example,

-Is for a supported OS: Android, BBry, or iOS

-Have not set Optimize for Performance option in Preferences.

I suspect so, but wanted to start with basics.

Also is the the input data binding unique (you can check this in Problems view)?

Also be mindful of size limitations for your images (varies by OS). You may need to change from Binary to BigBinary. If this still doesn't help, I'll try redirecting the question.

Cheers,

Annette