cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

solman 7.1 mopz configaration

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

iam installed a new sap solution manger 7.1 system, i am trying to configure MOPZ . i am little bit confusing  how to configure mopz.

my system details are MySQL and Windows2008 enterprise.Solution Manger version is solution manager 7.1 sp04. i get this mesage when i trying to type tcode dswp

regards

vredddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veerra,

In Solution Manager 7.1 you need not to perform any additonal steps to configure MOPz other then follow transaction Solman_setup and complete the System Preperation and Basic configuration.

Once you complete these steps your MOPz is configured and you can use it.

Regarding your second issue while activating SICF, please provide the error message.

Regards,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sachin

how to do the system configuration and basic configaration , please tell me. in sicf activated and it throws the error "error handler icman". how to solve the issue

regards

vreddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Veerra,

As pe rmy understanding when you are running transaction solman_setup you were hitting error as your earlier screenshot. As Tushar recommanded, please change the port from 8000 to 50000 and restart the link. This should be accessible now.

Regards,

Sachin

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

It is worth it reading the documentation.

It may take some time at first, but it is better than asking questions for every single step.

Please check https://service.sap.com/~sapdownload/011000358700001245642011E/MaintPlan_Guide.pdf

The guide is 32 pages long and it contains links to the relevant setup documents. It is perhaps a lot for the forum experts to explain everything in the configuration (close to 100 pages in total), but we will be happy to answer questions to any part of the documentation.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel Ariño

Thanks alot , i am reading  once i finish the reading i will ask my question thanks

regards

vreddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vreddy,

I truely agree what Nicholas Chang has mentioned. There is no more DSWP/Solution_manager transaction code and all the operation of DSWP/Solution_manager has been moved to Workcenter (solman_workcenter). If you are preparing your system for first time then you need to have complete first post step activity which is solman_setup and complete the 2 phases : 1) System Preparation  & 2) Basic Configuration.

Please refer http://help.sap.com/solutionmanager71/ for more information on Solution manager 7.1, as there are many changes in respective to transaction codes and its operations comparing with SolMan 7.0 EHP1 SPS 23+.

Regards,

Tushar Rathi

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There's no more dswp. use transaction code solman_workcenter -> change management -> new maintenance optimizer.

Prior to use mopz, you will need to complete solman_setup (1) system preparation (2) basic configuration.

Hope it helps,

Cheers,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i got another error when i trying do solman_setup, internet explorer is open  i have attach the screen shots for the problem , when i logon with the browser i get a error . please look on screen 2, so how to solve this issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The first screenshot is due to your HTTPS not configured & due to which SSO is restricted, You need to activate your HTTPS service & also need to check your internet explorer security settings. Also you need to configure SSO in your SolMan.

As an alternative, please change the port 8000 to 50000 (5<instance no.>00) in your link (as per 2nd screenshot) and try to access the link.

Regards,

Tushar Rathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi tushar

thanks allot for the replay,how to configure the https and activate https and sso, please guide me. iam unable to find the sapnotes also please

regards

vreddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you set up the icm/host_name_full parameter?

or the issue might be with SICF services, have you activated the SICF services (one of the post installation step)

Have you done the client copy, if not please do the client copy and proceed the solman_setup on your newly created client, this is the best practise

please check and update

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jansi

thanks for giving replay, SIICF is working fine, what value i have to give the icm/host_name_full the value

regards

vreddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jhansi

just now i activate the SICF, It was activated , but it shows an error mesage, how to solve this issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can keep aside the HTTPS and SSO configuration as those are not mandatory for MOPZ configuration. As of now you can just correct the port in the URL by replacing as I suggested in my earlier reply and complete the 2 phases in solman_setup: 1) System Preparation  2) Basic Configuration.

Regards,

Tushar Rathi