cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling a Job for sending mails for alerts in PI.

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have configured some alerts in PI and for the same I have asked my BASIS team to configure the SCOT for sending the mails for these alerts.

They have asked me whether to have a automatic job for sending mails or not.I am confused here as my assumption was that, if an alert is triggered then due to

SCOT configuration done the mails will be automatically sent out. Please let me know the exact procedure and also let me know if I should ask BASIS team to

Schedule the JOB for this.

Thanks

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member201264
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Ask your BASIS team to follow just SCOT Information in the below link:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-3804

Regards,

Sreeni.

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Kancham/Shiladitya,

Thanks for the information, but as I said I have already a SCOT configuration in place for my system. The Only thing I want to know is , if there is a need of any JOB to be scheduled for performance improvement or so? And please let me know suppress rule's workign while defining the alert rule. Because previously I was getting the alerts immediately but now If I am unmarking the suppress rule button, then only I am getting the alerts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No job needs to scheduled. This is because you do not know when an alert will be triggered, so you cannot schedule a job. When a message goes into error, it will automatically trigger the alert mail.

The suppress rule is used to prevent sending the mails for the same error repeatedly. If you have this unchecked, the same error will trigger multiple error mails. When the suppress rule is checked and you get an error, go to alert inbox and acknowledge\delete the error entry from there.

Regards

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Shiladitya,

Thanks for the update. But the problem is that as I am testing the alerts, at first today I manually sent a wrong data and message failed in moni. for that the alert and the email was sent> please note that at that time supress rule was checked. Now when I am trying to send the same alert by making a message fail, it is not triggering the alert, but when I uncheck the suppress rule the alert is getting generated but MAIL is not getting sent. Please help me on this.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Log into the Alert Inbox in RWB and delete all the previously generated alerts and the try testing the scenario again.

For the mail, check if the recipient email ID is properly mentioned in the alert category in ALRTCATDEF.

Also, refer this link for any additional help.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/49/cbfb40f17af66fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Regards

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have cleared the old alerts already, and I have received the alert mail this morning but now I am not getting the mails for the alerts. I have not changed any configuration till then.

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to also know if I want to add more recepients for the alert mail, then Do I need to again ask BASIS to change the SCOT configuration or only adding them in FIXED recepients list of ALERT is enough?

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I think If the mail server host of all receipents is same then no need to do any changes in SCOT configuration, add them fixed recepients.

Thanks,

Satish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You only add them in the Fixed recipients.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You do not need to schedule any job for this. You need to configure the alert categories in tcode ALRTCATDEF and then configure alerts in the Runtime Workbench --> Alert Configuration.

For sending mails, you only need to mention the recipient mail Ids in the alert categories in ALRTCATDEF. If the mail sending functionality is enabled on your system, you will automatically receive the alert mails. No job is requird to be scheduled for this.

Regards