cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pros and cons of persisting time of messages on adapter engine.

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I want to know thw pros and cons of settings for persisting the messages on adapter engine.

In XI 3.0 we have persistenting property of messages for 30days and from PI 7.1 this is by default set to 1 day only.

I want to know the pros and cons of these two different settings and which setting is best suited.

(what if I set the property value to 30 days in PI 7.3?)

Thanks and regards,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Eoin_Kierans
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul, there  is no specific correct setting for this value within your system. The change was made to 1 day to lower the space on the DB that the message table would use. The argument in favour of increasing the value are that the messages will be available within the RWB for a longer period to be viewed, although messages with errors are persisted even beyond the set limit. Whereas the negative is that the table space used by this will increase depending on how high this is set.

It should be noted that any change in the persistence for messages will only affect new messages processed by the adapter engine.

Eoin

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rahul,

>>> (what if I set the property value to 30 days in PI 7.3?)

As mentioned, it all depends upon the requirement of the project. you can propose 3 working days for sucessful & 5 for failed messages..

Cheers

Agasthuri

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is purely the requirement and hardware support at your system.  I would recommend persist for only 5 business days maximum and archive the remaining old messages for reference.  Sure persisting for longer time will certainly affect the performance of PI.  

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It depends on size of DB and customer archiving/deletion design, if your land scape has more space the you coud cosinder using value 30,toher wise using single digit right idea.

If you sent 30 days then you can see adapter engine table BC_MSG growing everyday and it impact system performance also(some timeS).