cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Dimension

0 Kudos

Hi folks

I deleted the table M_TIME_DIMESNSION_MONTH and I tried to recreate using generate time data but the table is not getting created, how can I get the table back.

Poonam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Poonam,

Did you delete the actual table, or delete the contents of the table? If you deleted the table, then this is a bit of a hack, but you could recreate the table with the following create statement:

CREATE COLUMN TABLE "_SYS_BI"."M_TIME_DIMENSION_MONTH" ("YEAR" VARCHAR(4) NOT NULL ,

"HALFYEAR" VARCHAR(2),

"QUARTER" VARCHAR(2),

"MONTH" VARCHAR(2) NOT NULL ,

"YEAR_INT" INTEGER CS_INT,

"HALFYEAR_INT" TINYINT CS_INT,

"QUARTER_INT" TINYINT CS_INT,

"MONTH_INT" TINYINT CS_INT,

PRIMARY KEY ("YEAR",

"MONTH"))

Regards,

Gary

0 Kudos

Thanks Gary, I was expecting if I delete the table and request for data regeneration of time dimension at Month level it will recreate the table. The job was always successful but the table was not created. I am bit surprised to see how the generation job was successful if the table is missing. 

Now with your create statement I was able to create the table and regenerate the data.

I did the deletion step 3 times and all the times the behavior was the same.

Is there a place where we can reach out to moderators to see if this is expected behavior or this is a bug.

Poonam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Poonam,

I'm surprised that the job was processed successfully when the table was missing. I would have expected an error to be raised.

Are you now able to see data in your table after generating Time Data?

If you're after an official path to find out if this is expected behavior or whether this is a bug, I would suggest raising a SAP Message.

Regards,

Gary