SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GMUPDATE(ATGM) error in FI Postings against Grants

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

I am getting an error while trying to generate my first Grant budget consumption in client development server in FB50. Before this, in my hundreds of testings, i never faced this error

Derivation strategy GMUPDATE (ATGM) is not available in client xyz

Message no. BUBAS101

when in GM AVC customizing when i check standard customizing of AVC i found that this strategy has not been defined in client , i wonder where it is defined and whats is function.

Moreover i also want to know about customizing settings in "Adjust ledger for user specific AVC", currently it is set as GMUP, but there are many other options like

FMBC    FM Commitment budget (CB)

FMBF    FM Financial Budget

FMBP    FM Payment budget (PB)

FMUC    FM CB Commitment/Actual Data

FMUP    FM PB Commitment/Actual Data

GMBP    GM Payment Budget

Has SAP provided any standard OSS note for elaborating the choice of split processor driver and Derive Grant directly in GM and statistical indicator and real posting usage wd GM value type specification for varying kind of GL accounts?

Unfortunately SAP help library is not very exhaustive for GM-GTE http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/en/8d/b6283b85b6666be10000000a114084/frameset.htm, and that is why many conceptual things are left unanswered.

Please guide me.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

The strategy GMUPDATE is for deriving different tolerance profiles for specific activiities. For example you can exempt some activities from AVC. By default all activities are subject to AVC. You can check in the activity Edit Derivation Strategy for Activity Groups whether this exists and is activated.

As far as derivation goes we generally derive expense and revenue accounts and split balance sheet accounts.

Thanks

Shyam

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

The strategy GMUPDATE is for deriving different tolerance profiles for specific activiities. For example you can exempt some activities from AVC. By default all activities are subject to AVC. You can check in the activity Edit Derivation Strategy for Activity Groups whether this exists and is activated.

As far as derivation goes we generally derive expense and revenue accounts and split balance sheet accounts.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal:

Error message has been resolved by your help, actually i missed activity assignment derivation rules. Shyamal i am still not clear about part of my question

"

Moreover i also want to know about customizing settings in "Adjust ledger for user specific AVC", currently it is set as GMUP, but there are many other options like

FMBC    FM Commitment budget (CB)

FMBF    FM Financial Budget

FMBP    FM Payment budget (PB)

FMUC    FM CB Commitment/Actual Data

FMUP    FM PB Commitment/Actual Data

GMBP    GM Payment Budget"

I want to know what will be impact on GM budgeting and consumption if i set FMBP or any other in the customizing for "Adjust ledger for user specific AVC"

Regards

0 Kudos

Atif,

You can use this setting if you want multiple levels of AVC for example against the GM AVC ledger and then against a different AVC ledger. Please note that you will need to have the exact account assignments required to check the other ledger defined in your derivation strategies. Also please consider ongoing maintenance issues.

In my opinion, the best way is to define AVC as simply as possible so everybody understands it and can trouble shoot errors.

Thanks

Shyam