cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

variant pricing for material variant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am facing problem while pricing for material variant.

I have created KMAT material with Class assigned to it, and created a FERT with refernece to KAMT material and maintained characteristics and Values in it.

Now I am creating sales order for KMAT material when char and Value matched with FERT char and Value system replace KMAT with FERT.

Till here it is working fine now the problem is system is not accessing condition type VA00 for FERT for variant pricing.

when I write dependency  for any variant in char. then system is not replacing KMAT with FERT and VA00 condition type is getting accessed.

My requirement is KMAT should get replace with FERT if variant is matching, and variant pricing (VA00) also should get accessed for FERT.

Please let me know what could be the problem...

Tanveer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

It is possible  and resolved myself

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please post how to solve this problem?

Thanks!!!

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tanveer,

That is good. If you can post the way you handled this, it will be beneficial to others including myself. I appreciate your effort.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tanveer,

I doubt if variant pricing can be enabled in variant matching.

When you use the KMAT material, only the configuration of this material is available for pricing, not the  configuration of the FERT material which replaces the KMAT material. A relationship doesn't exist(may be I am wrong on this) between the KMAT and FERT material in sales order, though they are linked in material master. Due to this lack of relationship, the configurations done in KMAT will not really pass on to the FERT material. The configuration details in KMAT are not configured in sales order, but they come from material master and you may not be able to change this. This indicates that the FERT material is a finished product with predetermined and unchangeable configuration.

Because of these reasons, variant matching will not work on this case. You have to only use the normal condition types like PR00 to indicate the price of the material of FERT type. As you also know the configuration of the FERT material is not going to be changed, this model of using PR00 should work fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tanveer_SAP,

This discussion was moved to SAP ERP PLM - Classification and Variant Configuration space.

Thanks,

Oxana