Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AS2 synchronous MDN settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

we are working on thirdparty(seeburger AS2)==>PI==>R/3 and viceversa

now we are using asynchronous MDN for both scenarios . Partner changed their IP and mdn delivery address.

now on words we have to use Synchronous MDNS for both cases (AS2 sender and receiver).

what are settings needs to do for synchronous MDN settings in Partner end and SAP PI both cases (sender and receiver).

could some one please suggest us that would be very helpful for us...

Thanks in advance

Regards,

srini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

it is always the Sender that determines which MDN mode will be used, so if you are sending files to your partner, you just have to swich the setting in your "Receiver-Channel" to select synchronous MDN... and then your partner will automatically send synchronous MDNs back to you.

If you receive files from a partner, and you want to send back synchronous MDNs .... then you have to inform your partner that he needs to switch his parameters so that his system requests a synchronous MDN when sending files to you.

Hope this helps...

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan ,

Thanks for your quickresponce .

can we use sender communication channel as synchronous and receiver communication channel as asynchronous MDNs ?if we use receiver channel is asynchronous MDNs partenr needs to do any changes from partner end(present partner receiving our files with asynchronous MDNs)below is my AS2sender receiver cc parameters. here what are the changes we need to to for sender synchronus MDNs and receiver asynchronous MDNS could you please help me on this.

do we need to do any changes in Proxys as well ?

please help me on this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

any suggestions please that would very help to me

Regards,

srini.

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos
can we use sender communication channel as synchronous and receiver communication channel as asynchronous MDNs ?

Yes, if your partner requests a synchronous MDN when he sends files to you....and you request an asynchronous MDN when you send files to your partner, then of course it is possible to use different modes for sending/receiving.

To switch any direction from Asynchronous to synchronous only involves to switch the "button" in the channel to synchronous.

And as the synchronous MDNs are transmitted within the same session, no additional PROXY settings need to be applied for the MDNS

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your help Stefan

Regards,

Srini.

Answers (0)