cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide a Module from the Navigation Bar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm trying to hide the Project Management and Enterprise Sourcing modules from the Navigation Bar as these features are not going to be used by our customer.

Any tips on how to hide those modules from the navigation bar for all the users?

I've tried some options as Marking the Workbench Template as Inactive, Marked the "Hide" Option in the user's Page manager but they are still visible.

Thanks!

Regards,

Robert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

This could be done using toolbar customizations. These are created under Setup>System Setup>User Interface>Toolbar Customization

When you create a new one you will need to use the information below:

You will need to use Target Toolbar ID:

Project Management: odp.system.toolbar.navigation.odpBlueNavGroup_eso.project_management

Enterprise Sourcing: odp.system.toolbar.navigation.odpBlueNavGroup_eso.enterprise_sourcing

I hope this helps.

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dan,

I've inserted the toolbars in the Toolbar Customization with the Hidden value as Yes and it worked.

I just had to change the toolbar id from odp.system(...) to eso.system(...) as the first option didn't worked and all the other toolbar customizations were using the eso.system(...) as the id.

Additionally, Where can I see the toolbar ID?

Thanks!

Regards,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

You can view the toolbar IDs under Setup>System Setup>User Interface>System Toolbars

The top navigation bar has display name ODP System Navigation Toolbar Buyside.

Regards

Dan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rcr_tx
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Another best practice for eliminating functionality is to look into modifiying the security profiles to eliminate functionality not needed.  This will remove the functionalitly wherever it shows up whereas eliminating via toolbar customizations is a common method it can also lead to further page customizations downstream.

rr