cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to post SD invoice to period 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have closed the posting period 12 (March 2013) and opened special posting period 13 in Finance.

We have created a billing document thru transaction code VA01 with the document date date as 31.03.2013 and billing document thru transaction

code VA01.

We released it for accounting thru transaction code VF02 but we encounter error as 'Period 012/2012 is not open for account type S and GL xxxxx' and message number is F5286.

Please let us know why the system is not automatically posting the accounting document to period 13 eventhough it is opened in Finance, please let me know whether need to do any configuration to achieve this.

Regards

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Please let us know why the system is not automatically posting the accounting document to period 13 eventhough it is opened in Finance,

To this question check in VOFA (respective billing type) "posting block" check box tick or not, if it is ticked that's mean posting the accounting document should not possible automatically when you save the invoice.

Hope this will help you

Regards

AJC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat ,

Check the settings in OB52. For your variant, check the period is opened for account type "S".

Regards

Vinu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear vinu sir pl tell me one thing in OB52 WE open and close financial periods and OMSY ALSO what is difference pl tell me i have this doubt for long time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu ,

Refer the below link

http://scn.sap.com/message/5314675

Regards

Vinu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venu

OB52 is FI Period which can be open anytime, where as OMSY is MM Period which can be open in current month and previous month only.

This is for your information

Thanking you!

Ashish Mishra