cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KB- IPC- CRM integrtaion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am new for KB- IPC - CRM integration  though I am working with SAP  - Variant Configuraion

from last 4 Years, We have implemented VC for steel Products in such a very pretty manner like we have a multilevel vc design with Planned order / Prod order process.

I want to carry out existing  VC design on SAP - CRM platform through KB.

Can someone give me step by step information for whole integration and how order / qutation entry will happen in CRM  and will be trigger in ECC 6.0

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Jitendra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kakshat
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

Although product modeling is similar to a good extent in VC and IPC, there are differences between the two. Your existing product models (which would be compatible with VC) may have to be changed to be able to be used in IPC. Note 664274 lists the differences between the two.

Once you have made your product models IPC compliant, you will need to generate KB run-time versions in the ERP system using transaction CU34. These RTVs are what is used by IPC for configuration. You will need to set up middleware so that RTVs generated in CU34 are replicated to CRM. IPC will then refer the CRM database to access these RTVs.

Since IPC in CRM (recent releases) works via VMC, a pre-requisite would be to set up the VMC optimally.

Once this is done, rest should be pretty much standard SAP CRM configuration. Quotation/orders can be created in CRM (along with the configuration of the material(s)) and then they can be replicated to ERP for downstream processes.

Regards,

KA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Akshat thanks for information.

I will try the steps in our system and then revert

Regards,

Jit

Hi,

I have gone through the steps as above.

A note suggested by you- 664274 addition to SCE -VC delta list has been applied , but in this note Solution is shown as <blank.>.

So I don't understand whether this not have corrction solution inplemented of all 26 points?

Kindly confirm .

Also want to clerify below points.

KB objects is getting generated but have some errors or warning message still persist.

1.255 warning message

2.140 Error message

3. Procedure assignment to characteristic not supported - how to overwrite it on CRM

4. BOM ref char STPO- MENGE used multiple characterstics

5. Invalid derrivation - char not assign to class however used in table or procedure

6 . Characterstis AAA hat values with  hat unit

So, this KB is upload on CRM system? Is there any more notes needs to apply?

I have attached file also.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Jiten

kakshat
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

As I had mentioned earlier, there are differences between how you model your products in VC and IPC. The Note that I mentioned lists these differences. Your existing models would be VC compliant but not IPC compliant. You may need to rebuild your models in order to make them IPC compliant. Only when they are IPC compliant would you be able to generate an error free RTV in CU34.

Answers (0)