cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android enrollment failed with Afaria 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings all!

I am facing some problem with Afaria enrollment in android device.

following the you tube tutorial given below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuOA3zFrn5c

I am trying to enroll an android device for the very first time in afaria admin ui on server.

Every time I enter enrollment code in the device, it directly says 'Enrollment Failed'.

Guidance required on this.

Looking for a solution from community members.

Regards

Deepak Batra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

It can happen due to 2-3 issues.

1. Your device is not connected to internet.

2. When you enter enrollment code, it gets converted in to long url (original URL which device will connect to), and that is not reachable.

3. Afaria Client is holding old failed attempts.

For 1, you can simply try to open other websites on your device

For 2, You can go to your Afaria Admin UI to get the long URL (from your tinyURL code) and check that it's accessible from outside (device) or not.

For 3, Go to, application settings and force stop afaria client and clear the data. It will reset your afaria client and enrollment will be smooth.

I hope it will help, if not then please provide some more input on long URL and device side logs.

Regards,

Abhishek Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Abhishek,

Thank you for your help.

As per your suggestion I tried all three and following are the results:

Issue 1. Internet is connected

Issue 2. Long url is showing following error:

Server Error in '/aips' Application.

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /aips/login.aspx

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.5420; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.5420

Issue 3. When I enter enrollment code it asks for Username and Password, am not able to figure out which username and password is required, I tried with Admin details but it shows authentication failed.

Can you guide me what should be done next?

Regards

Deepak Batra

0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

For Poin2, it could be due to missing iPhoneServer (also known as enrollment server) component or would have given different Unauthorized and Authorized virtual directory name during installation.

If you have it installed then maintain proper virtual directory details under Server --> Configuration --> Enrollment Server in your Admin UI.

If you dont have it yet then please install and maintain details in Admin UI.

I think by default Windows Authentication would be enabled for your Afaria for enrollment. This you can check in your IIS (Default Web Site --> Afaria, aips, aips2 Authentication scheme would be windows authentication).

You should provide user name and password, the same which you use to login to Admin UI with Domain.

Regards,

Abhishek Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Abhishek

Thank you once again.

In my installation un-authorized virtual directory for enrollment server is 'aips' and authorized is 'aips2'.

Port is default (443).

Username and password also am providing the same way but its showing authentication failed.

In self service portal also it is asking for username and password, m entering the same but again authentication failed.

Not able to figure out the exact problem!

What can be the solution or is there any alternative?

Regards

Deepak Batra

0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I hope you have added your user in Afaria access policies.

You can try to remove Windows authentication from Authentication for all websites under Default Web Site in IIS and try once. I think, it might be problem with default domain settings. That we can check once Anonymous authentication works fine.

regarding 404 error, check the complete URL. Do you find the port number in it for your IIS? I hope you are not using default port 80 here, if not then please update those details in enrollment server settings e.g. <IP>:<Port> so that generated URL reflect it.

Regards,

Abhishek Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Were you able to solve the above issue. We are also facing the same issue. Which user are using to authenticate the client, We don't have any Active Directory and LDAP Configuration at our end.

Have you used the Afaria Server system's credentials to authenticate.

Regards,

Annuk

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Video tutorial i can see you are putting the server name manually in enrollment code with http:xyz

it should be http://relayserveraddress or http://serveraddress

After you create the enrollment code inspect the code and try to open the url directly from browser.

sujith_prathap
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

You could try looking here

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01708.0220/doc/html/nkr13...

Did you try to increase the Self-service portal expiration time. This might prevent the code from timing out.

Hope this helps,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sujith,

Thank you for your reply.

I don't know how to extend the Self-service Portal expiration time.

Can you please guide me on that?

Also the link you gave is for development part and I am facing problem in android enrollment in Afaria.

Regards

Deepak Batra