Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to close a notification automatically after a specific time period

former_member1124592
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

My requirement is to close notification automatically after  23 days.

Scope : i have created the defect codes , corrective actions , tasks in QS41 with different catalog types.In our cases the vendor can only give the CAPA through mail or they can send a scanned report for the same. Then the user from our end will manually enter the CAPA descriptions in the notification and they will close it them selves .But if the supplier does not provide the report then the system should should close the notification itself based on the time span of 23 days. That means the notification gets closed on the 23 rd day from the creation date.

Is there any way i can close them automatically? DO i have to run any background program or plan which will close the notifications for supplier related defect.?

I have attached the screenshot for your convenience....

Regards,

SS.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Notification can be closed automatically when you are doing the Usage decision for the lot for which defect was raised.

In case if any task which is assigned in the notification is pending then user need to close the same by using QM02 tcode.

former_member1124592
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks ,

but my requirement is that when i do UD the notification will not be closed because in rejection scenario during procurement, the vendor will be providing the report for CAPA. once received the user will put the values manually. Then they will close it. But when supplier does not give the report for CAPA then after 23 days it has to close automatically ... or atleat a mail will be triggerd as a reminder as "today is the last day to close the notification for inspection lot number -xxxxx and notification number-yyyyy.....

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Basically no.

When a defect code is chosen, the defect class is important. if the defect class is marked in configuration as a "critical" defect than the notification remains open until it is manually closed by someone.  If the defect class is a not a critical defect than the notification is automatically closed when the UD is made.

In your case you want to close it by date.  First, make sure the defect class assigned to your defects is one that is "critical" and will keep the notification open.  You'll need to create a custom program to run and close any notifications that are 23 days old. I'm not sure from a quality standpoint why you would just close a notification with an outstanding CAPA.  That just seems counterproductive.  I mean if I knew as vendor this just disappeared after 23 days, why would I bother exerting the effort to respond?  But in any case, that's your companies decision and I'm sure you have a way to deal with it.

FF

former_member1124592
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks FF,

The fact that my client wants to have a strict plan. U r right that if the notifications are closed manually or automatically the notification number will be removed from data base. Isn't it?

Now if vendor does not provide CAPA report with in 23 days then we will block the vendor by quality info record. On second thought then how can we monitor that we have not received CAPA from a particular vendor? In short : client wants to monitor that for which notification capa has been received and not received? And on that basis we will made a t code in which we will provide the material and vendor combination and it will block the quality info record. But i want this entire process to be automated. This is my plan.. well you can suggest more basic and good process flow... waiting for ur reply.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Common in quality process...

You have to focus checking notification which CAPA is delayed.

And nomally CAPA report is required only for critical defect or repeat defect.

For your info.. notification is never removed from database. (except archiving)

Regards, DoWook KIM