cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Knowing when a page has finished loading

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've produced a small project that has a few tabs, each tab contains an IFrame UI, which loads a BW report.

I've been asked to add an indicator that should tell when the reports are finished loading.

I have two problems:

1. How do I know when the frame has finished loading the url? I know I can use the OnLoad tag in html, but how can I edit the HTML WebDynpro produce?

2. What kind of indicator can I use? I thought of two options - Putting the "Progress Clock" which WebDynpro uses when calling an RFC, and for that I need to know if it's even possible to call that clock.

The 2nd option I thought of is using the ProgressIndicator UI, and just divide the 100% to the number of tabs, and change the percent value when each tab has finished loading the URL.

I appreciate any help that you could provide.

Yaniv

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Armin Reichert -> I've tried what you suggested about the portal integration (I send parameter to an URL Iview, which changes the url), and it works great!

Thanks.

Noufal Kareem -> Because I use an IFrame UI which loads a BW report, I don't have an indication (The WD don't know / care if the page inside the frame was loaded.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, this will not work. IFrame is only of limited use, because content is reloaded on every server roundtrip.

You might try a portal based integration.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know the indicator is provided by the webdynpro, incase the page takes time to get loaded. So you need not do anything explicitly.

Regards

Noufal